Do the devs hate Marvel leaders?

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I have been wondering why certain characters are not in the game and then I realized that all of these characters are leaders of their groups. Mr. Fantastic (leader of the Fantastic 4), Cyclopes and Jean/Phoenix (leaders of the X-Men), Ant-Man and Wasp (founders of the Avengers). I don't think that the devs hate them, but I am curious why they still aren't in the game when they are big parts of the Marvel universe.

Comments

• icon_nickfury.png leads S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I suspect we will see some of these leaders introduced this year as 4* characters.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Odd post... Captain America and Iron Man have led teams of Avengers; Magneto, Storm and Wolverine have led teams of X-Men. Already mentioned Fury running Shield... I don't think there's any bias or conspiracy unless you're looking for it...
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    I have been wondering why certain characters are not in the game and then I realized that all of these characters are leaders of their groups. Mr. Fantastic (leader of the Fantastic 4), Cyclopes and Jean/Phoenix (leaders of the X-Men), Ant-Man and Wasp (founders of the Avengers). I don't think that the devs hate them, but I am curious why they still aren't in the game when they are big parts of the Marvel universe.

It's hard to have a Marvel game at all without Wolverine and Spidey, but I'm almost certain that popular but not "core" characters like Cyclops and Thing are purposefully being saved for times when interest in the game drops to draw players in (or maybe for movie tie-in releases)
  • I'm not really looking for a conspiracy. I just find it odd that these key players aren't introduced yet while other minor characters like She-Hulk, Devil Dino, and Collosus are in the game. Also I do agree that Storm, Cap, and Fury are leaders.
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    I'm not really looking for a conspiracy. I just find it odd that these key players aren't introduced yet while other minor characters like She-Hulk, Devil Dino, and Collosus are in the game. Also I do agree that Storm, Cap, and Fury are leaders.

becuase they havent get the licenses
  • ecir2002 wrote:
    I'm not really looking for a conspiracy. I just find it odd that these key players aren't introduced yet while other minor characters like She-Hulk, Devil Dino, and Collosus are in the game. Also I do agree that Storm, Cap, and Fury are leaders.

• I hope they'll add Maria Hill ! : D
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It is odd that over a year post release we still don't have the leader of the dark reign event.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    benben77 wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

This isn't the movies.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    benben77 wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

They have all the licences. This has already been confirmed by D3.

Plus you either have the Xmen licence or you don't. There aren't seperate licences for Colossus, Beast, Storm and Psylocke that don't cover Cyclops.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ecir2002 wrote:

Except they aren't. You list 2 characters who were leaders (When did Jean ever lead the Xmen?) and 2 who were 'founders', which is separate to leading. Though I think ANt-man may at one point have led the West Coast Avengers.

On the other hand you have Cap and Iron Man who lead the avengers, Wolverine who led the Xmen until his tragic demise, Storm and Magneto who have led versions of the Xmen. And of Course Nick Fury.

There are hundreds of characters who still aren't in the game. I could make the claim that they don't like Girls because Rogue, Emma Frost, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Sage aren't in the game yet. Or that they hate Asgard because we don't have Baldar, Odin, Sif, Freya or Heimdal. Or maybe they have something against Spiderman because Carnage, Tarantula, ANtivenom, Ezekiel, Spider Girl and Madam Web are absent.

There are still more characters out of the game than in the game, so it is easy to create these lists, but if counterpoints already exist in the game you need to revisit your theory.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    ecir2002 wrote:

Except they aren't. You list 2 characters who were leaders (When did Jean ever lead the Xmen?) and 2 who were 'founders', which is separate to leading. Though I think ANt-man may at one point have led the West Coast Avengers.

On the other hand you have Cap and Iron Man who lead the avengers, Wolverine who led the Xmen until his tragic demise, Storm and Magneto who have led versions of the Xmen. And of Course Nick Fury.

There are hundreds of characters who still aren't in the game. I could make the claim that they don't like Girls because Rogue, Emma Frost, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and Sage aren't in the game yet. Or that they hate Asgard because we don't have Baldar, Odin, Sif, Freya or Heimdal. Or maybe they have something against Spiderman because Carnage, Tarantula, ANtivenom, Ezekiel, Spider Girl and Madam Web are absent.

There are still more characters out of the game than in the game, so it is easy to create these lists, but if counterpoints already exist in the game you need to revisit your theory.

Jean has lead the X-Men, however it was a brief moment. Also I count Jean as a leader because she was a vital part of their team since she was a mentored by Professor X. It may have been a stretch to add Ant-Man and Wasp to the list, but they are founders and were important to the Avengers team as they brought everyone together.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    brisashi wrote:
    It is odd that over a year post release we still don't have the leader of the dark reign event.
    I imagine that they will release Iron Patriot to coincide with his debut in the Dark Reign storyline, but they seem to be too busy making side stories like Deadpool vs the MPQ Universe and Meet Rocket & Groot to actually make much progress on Dark Reign.