Stunned characters take extra damage

If u manage to hit a stunned character, they should take extra damage (as much as double perhaps)

Comments

• MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    And... why?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    You really don't want that. When the AI stuns you, the stunned character stays out front for one turn
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The logic of a stunned character taking extra damage is sound from a combat-mechanics perspective.

I think that sounds awesome when I am running a character that stuns, but I am not excited a the prospect of facing off against stunners (especially the new Goddess's blue power) knowing that she is going to do extra damage during the stun-lock I risk her being able to put my team into... I think that would require a lot of testing to adjust the balance on things. Multi-turn stuns would probably get reduced as a side-effect of this kind of change if it was applied across the board.

I don't want to say I am completely opposed to the idea; I think it would be a neat mechanic to add as flavor to a given character though... give a brawler character a power that causes a stun and then also give them a passive that allowed them to do extra damage to a stunned character. That seems narrow enough in scope that its not going to be oddly destabilizing to a broad cross-section of the game.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would be far more powerful for the player than the AI, since the player could choose to keep targeting the stunned character but the AI will lose this opportunity after the turn in which the stun begins, unless the whole player team is stunned or down.
  • Stuns need a little boost. It wouldn't be a horrible idea to add 10-20% damage to a stunned character.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    daibar wrote:
    Stuns need a little boost.
    I'm not sure that's true. Stunning is one of the most powerful attacks in the game. The only things about stuns that need a boost, IMO, are that some of them are either too short in duration or too expensive to use.
  • aoe stun or gtfo