Just Curious....

Options
D2KM_
D2KM_ Posts: 134
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Does anyone know how the recently modified power characters are determined to be sold for extra iso/hp? Im wondering why sentry/hood/daken/hawkeye were made available to sell for extra iso/hp but loki/DD are not.

At first I thought it was because the changes to loki/DD were considered an improvement vs a nerf, but most would argue that the 2* hawkeye change was an improvement and he was still available to sell for extra iso/hp...

Not saying I would sell them (esp DD cause i kind of like his new ability changes icon_e_biggrin.gif), just wondering why we dont have the option to sell them for extra iso/hp like the other recently modified characters.

Thanks.

Comments

• Probably just as you said. I think the changes are generally considered a decent buff (especially a 3rd power on Loki) so they didn't feel the need to offer increased sale prices for them.

I suppose you can make an argument they should for any character changes that aren't a linear buff (just tweaking numbers) or ONLY adding an extra colour with no other changes but D3 probably think (reasonably TBH) that in Loki and DD's cases no-one who owns either hero already will suddenly think they aren't worth having and want to ditch them so enhanced sales prices would only be used by ppl to farm HP by building the minimum required characters to get Hp for selling them as much as they possibly can until the sale ends icon_e_smile.gif.

Although i'm all for sources of HP it's probably a hard sell to the devs icon_cry.gif
  • Sale will end imminently (if has not already). Sentry is the reward in Shulkie PVP, so you know sale will end before S1 ends and probably before that.
  • So is that we can trade cover by using the hp or ISO. How that is done? As I will wish to trade a hood or sentry too
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Angela90 wrote:
    So is that we can trade cover by using the hp or ISO. How that is done? As I will wish to trade a hood or sentry too
    No, this is it possible.
  • D2KM_
    D2KM_ Posts: 134
    Options
    Angela90 wrote:
    So is that we can trade cover by using the hp or ISO. How that is done? As I will wish to trade a hood or sentry too

No, not trading I only meant that you can sell your hood or sentry right now and get extra iso/hp depending on how many covers/levels you have invested into the character.

I am guessing the reason we cant sell loki or DD for extra iso/hp is because they are considered improvements. But that brings me back to my point that 2* Hawkeye's changes were considered an improvement, but I still got extra iso/hp when i sold him...
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D2KM_ wrote:

No, not trading I only meant that you can sell your hood or sentry right now and get extra iso/hp depending on how many covers/levels you have invested into the character.

I am guessing the reason we cant sell loki or DD for extra iso/hp is because they are considered improvements. But that brings me back to my point that 2* Hawkeye's changes were considered an improvement, but I still got extra iso/hp when i sold him...

Hawkeye purple was an improvement overall, but it was a nerf/buff combo. I used his Avoid all the time. He was the secondary character behind my 2* attackers, launching red/blue arrows from behind stronger teammates, Wolv, Thor, etc.
  • So now i sell my sentry or hood I can get the hp back?
    I can buy it from a player?
  • Angela90 wrote:
    So now i sell my sentry or hood I can get the hp back?

No, but you will get a certain amount of HP and increased amount of iso depending on your level for these two for a limited time. Usually this happens after every nerf of a character or if they tweak him. You sell them to the system. If you want to sell them just do what you would normally do if you want to delete a character from your roster.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DD should have heightened sell price since changes were drastical.
    Also, its can be highly considered a nerf, since:
    old max steal > new max steal
    old max stun > new max stun
    old max damage > new max damage

(He may be better, but wheres my trap spamming?)
  • siebenvier wrote:
    Angela90 wrote:
    So now i sell my sentry or hood I can get the hp back?

No, but you will get a certain amount of HP and increased amount of iso depending on your level for these two for a limited time. Usually this happens after every nerf of a character or if they tweak him. You sell them to the system. If you want to sell them just do what you would normally do if you want to delete a character from your roster.

Now it over right. I cannot sell them for hp right.
  • The sale is still on. You can see the sell price when you go to the characterscreen of him in his cover.
    Here are some sale prices: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19630