Recomendation for big Announcements to the game.

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
D3,
You are trying really hard to listen to the player base. You have solicited feedback on the forum, you have hired a community manager, you are changing the game for the better. I think one opportunity you have is when you make a big change in the game either to an existing character (NERF) or to the game play (Shields, time slices, MMR test). All of these things have been in the best interest of the game at heart. Most times you have also let the forum give feed back during the MMR test, and time slices. When you are announcing the changes the players have a lot of questions, and it feels like there is not a lot of communication or answers to our questions. It feels like you say “We are giving shields an 8 hour refresh for the betterment of the game. We will monitor the situation, but you will need to deal with it for now.”
My suggestion takes a little more time and work for David Moore but I feel that this is what you hired him for.

Look to make an announcement like this: “We are giving shields and 8 hour refresh time for the betterment of the game. We will monitor how it goes. Please list your questions and concerns below. David will take your feedback and look to get some answers to your questions next week.”

For the most part we get an occasional answer from a Dev in the forum, but by placing things in this manor and by setting up a time frame to answer questions (even just 4-5) you are letting our voice be heard, and giving us a better idea of why you are placing this idea. I really enjoy this game and enjoy the forum, but I see a lot of anger in the forum when announcements like this come out and I do believe having a short Q&A would help at least the forumites understand more and feel like our voice is being heard.

Thank you