Offline Browsing.

san
san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
First off, I am not suggesting we make offline play.

What I would like to see is the game being able to load up offline, and show me my characters, allow me to make changes (upgrades) and delete things. Failing this, simply just being able to browse my characters/covers offline would be cool too.

Is it difficult to implement? Would the changes make it problematic by allowing cheaters? I'm actually just curious if this is even possible.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I think the sticky bit here is that multiple devices are able to share an MPQ profile. There are lots of people with the app loaded on both iPhone and iPad and they rely in the facebook sync to allow them to move, reasonably seamlessly, between the 2 devices. You now have race conditions resolving potentially competing roster changes... (Device A adds 10 levels to Daredevil, but your Daredevil has been sold on Device B).

Its not nearly as much fun, but there are templates for spreadsheets you can grab in other posts here... I use one I personally cobbled together. That allows me to, in a not-quite-offline way see what's going on with my roster (I have a copy in google docs and a local copy as well).