It's easy to be positive about MPQ

Options
2»

Comments

• homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    Well benben, basically your expectations doesn't match what the game is giving you.

You expect that a 2* transition players *should* get 3* covers easily. You expect that a 2* tranSition players can get by the transition by purely f2p. You expect this to he done within a few months (6 months or less) time.

in short, You want it cheap (ie free), good and fast for your transition.

This is unlikely to happen.

You can have it cheap and good, but slow (purely f2p, but take more than 6 months to get a fully cover character).

You can have it good and fast, but you have to pay to get the advantage.

If you want it cheap and fast, well, then your roster won't be good.

Its going to continue like this Unless d3 suddenly decided to make it easy for *everyone*, say introduce a mode when you have max cover and levels... (But why would they?)
    I started a second account about 3 months ago and spent $50 on roster slots and the best I have on that account is 4 falcon covers, for a mobile app $50 is already too much. Transitioning to 3 star gets harder and harder, but 3 star is irrelevant because the meta is 4 star, more and more this game is a small group of peeps that finance this game, with all changes made to squeeze more out of them, and to keep those players happy with the illusion that they are better players because they score higher and keep the lions share. Yes everything revolves around money, D3 is a business and it should be that way, but look at any other game and how much the devs put back into it, ffs this game just codes a few unbalanced, untested characters and that's it. How long does that seriously take? a few hours? Even small studios release whole new content not the same sugar coated pill to force down. Why are some of the new characters great and some woeful, because they don't play the game themselves and just assume it will be strong enough for peeps to pay for more covers, rosters and iso.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    benben77 wrote:

Generally i assume readers played over 1 to 2 months and understand how this game work. Why i need explain? The designer get every page in the forum complaining the above. Anyone without pay to shield haven't tasted PVP final hours bloodbath? ANyone win PVE with good sleeping? will you happy to get 3*beast? Fundermantal failure

You wont need to type so many words : your summary is " everything is step/ under / directing to change ( no body know good or bad but tons of complaint every page )

You don't need your own money to use shields. You can up to 100 HP in progressives just in PVP. That's not counting individual or alliance placement rewards. That's not counting PVE progressives, Sub placements, or main Individual/Alliance placements. That's also not county daily drops of 25-50 HP.

Also, you ASSUME a lot. I'll let you figure that one out.

sorry i m not members to 166 team. I only get 2* team max (My best character is Cap marvel with lv 104) . 25hp for 400 points progess reward is ok but 25hp at 600 is rarely touch and 50 hp is UNtouchable
    if I m luck to place in the top 100, get the other 25 and total is 50! HOwever min cost for a 3 hr shield is 75.... net loss 25....
    Daily 25- 50 ? are you sure hp drop " daily" ? i m not luck and they appear 25 per 5 - 6 day.
    Finally if i have enough Hp i perfer to spend them in hero slot than the tinykitty shield.

I assume too many ? just you havent play enough or paid to pass the worst.

Well benben, basically your expectations doesn't match what the game is giving you.

You expect that a 2* transition players *should* get 3* covers easily. You expect that a 2* tranSition players can get by the transition by purely f2p. You expect this to he done within a few months (6 months or less) time.

You can have it cheap and good, but slow (purely f2p, but take more than 6 months to get a fully cover character).

Its going to continue like this Unless d3 suddenly decided to make it easy for *everyone*, say introduce a mode when you have max cover and levels... (But why would they?)

Yes this game suck. It is not about difficultes but about possbility. 2* to 3* is painful enough and our half worked character is rotated out! PVP is dominated by P2W and PVE always introduce new 3 to 4* character! Low drop rate in token & too RNG in drop. There are impossible to max a 3* without P2W....

I think my expectation is fair enough. I dont expect to get top 100 in every PVP but at least not bloodbath at the last few hours by 166s everytime without shielding. Bloodbath is nothing wrong but i expected it only happen in top 10 or top 25 .

the token drop rate is suck . hero token is 1/8 and normal token is nearly 0 .... i feel sorry of it.

PVP rewards structure is bad...without shield who eles can get 1000 points?
    Shield simluater 2400 points 3* is a joke....
    PVE essential character can keep player " play" but not enjoy the event. Keep fighting dark avenger is BORING
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    benben77 wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    benben77 wrote:

Generally i assume readers played over 1 to 2 months and understand how this game work. Why i need explain? The designer get every page in the forum complaining the above. Anyone without pay to shield haven't tasted PVP final hours bloodbath? ANyone win PVE with good sleeping? will you happy to get 3*beast? Fundermantal failure

You wont need to type so many words : your summary is " everything is step/ under / directing to change ( no body know good or bad but tons of complaint every page )

You don't need your own money to use shields. You can up to 100 HP in progressives just in PVP. That's not counting individual or alliance placement rewards. That's not counting PVE progressives, Sub placements, or main Individual/Alliance placements. That's also not county daily drops of 25-50 HP.

Also, you ASSUME a lot. I'll let you figure that one out.

sorry i m not members to 166 team. I only get 2* team max (My best character is Cap marvel with lv 104) . 25hp for 400 points progess reward is ok but 25hp at 600 is rarely touch and 50 hp is UNtouchable
    if I m luck to place in the top 100, get the other 25 and total is 50! HOwever min cost for a 3 hr shield is 75.... net loss 25....
    Daily 25- 50 ? are you sure hp drop " daily" ? i m not luck and they appear 25 per 5 - 6 day.
    Finally if i have enough Hp i perfer to spend them in hero slot than the tinykitty shield.

I assume too many ? just you havent play enough or paid to pass the worst.

Yes this game suck. It is not about difficultes but about possbility. 2* to 3* is painful enough and our half worked character is rotated out! PVP is dominated by P2W and PVE always introduce new 3 to 4* character! Low drop rate in token & too RNG in drop. There are impossible to max a 3* without P2W....

I think my expectation is fair enough. I dont expect to get top 100 in every PVP but at least not bloodbath at the last few hours by 166s everytime without shielding. Bloodbath is nothing wrong but i expected it only happen in top 10 or top 25 .

the token drop rate is suck . hero token is 1/8 and normal token is nearly 0 .... i feel sorry of it.

PVP rewards structure is bad...without shield who eles can get 1000 points?
    Shield simluater 1500 points 3* is a joke....
    PVE essential character can keep player " play" but not enjoy the event. Keep fighting dark avenger is BORING

Save your breath man, the old school have the lions share and want to keep it that way. It was relatively easy to get 3 star characters a year ago when there wasn't many of them, so you had more events with that character featured, no token rotations so more chance to pull one, there was no players with all the characters that could dominate the events so more chance to win, they all gradually grew with the game but they created this oligopoly of old school players that have all the characters but want to keep winning all the characters, and just sell them off for iso. This game has far outgrown its design and every new character makes it that much harder to break in.
  • I was going to post something similar. The character rotation buffs, new PvE modes, and the emergence of a varied and fun 4* tier could make this year the golden age of MPQ.

Edit: Oh, and did you get your compensation for the Season ending time mishap? That's a big and unexpected change for the better.

I just wished that they would of let us pick the color cover since mine was at 5 black already and it just ended up as ISO. I guess that would of been better compensation because I could of placed at the top 25 in season rank instead of top 50 since I was at #27 before it ended.
  • Apart from the fact that the game has still various important issues (New char introduction rampage, The Wall, Roster Slot costs etc.), it is true that the atmosphere is more positive now than it was a while ago.

They are communicating more and they are implementing several patches. They are also applying changes to shields which no one was expecting. I believe they still have a long way to go, but they have shown signs of improvement.
  • Lots of positives, yeah. Time slicing PvE was taking up the top 10 positions in my MPQ Xmas wish list so if nothing else I'm happy with that (as soon as 24/48hr subs are the norm). The move to 3hr node refreshes is also welcome... but 4 would have been muuuch better (allowing 2 x clears overnight for 8 hours uninterrupted sleep!).