Back from a 5 month break

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So it's this time of the year again (Christmas) and since it was 1 year ago since I started playing, I thought I'd take a look on all the changes in the game. I come back and I see many new characters, some interesting and others not so much. Unless I am mistaken, the number of healing packs is also increased which is nice. Choosing end times for pvp was the one change that really had me excited though. Finally we (EU players) are not second class players. After all that I am cautiously optimistic. Something that was definitely positive is that of the 8 standard tokens I opened today, 2 gave *** I didn't have (or hadn't maxed) which was awesome.

What bothers me still and boggles my mind why it is still not changed, is abilities that mention a %. Is it that difficult to have the game calculate all the values and show them next to the % in a parenthesis? Same with abilities that require you to count number of tiles of a hero. Does anyone know if there are plans for something that will address this issue?

A question for the active players. How is the game right now? Is it any better than it was 5 months ago? It will be some time before I can evaluate how good or bad changed/new heroes are, so could someone tell who is the new Sentry and Mags after these 2 were nerfed? Or are the (old and new) characters surprisingly more even than before? Lastly, of the new characters who are the best and worst?

Comments

• Narkon wrote:
    What bothers me still and boggles my mind why it is still not changed, is abilities that mention a %. Is it that difficult to have the game calculate all the values and show them next to the % in a parenthesis? Same with abilities that require you to count number of tiles of a hero. Does anyone know if there are plans for something that will address this issue?

I've read nothing about this but it has been adressed numeral times that we could use some indicator to tell us the enemies strongest color. Maybe we can hope for something in that direction.
    Narkon wrote:
    It will be some time before I can evaluate how good or bad changed/new heroes are, so could someone tell who is the new Sentry and Mags after these 2 were nerfed? Or are the (old and new) characters surprisingly more even than before? Lastly, of the new characters who are the best and worst?

X-Force is definitely dominating the field. The most common companions for him in pvp are hood and c.mags but since the full release of goddess XF might settle down to her.
    Out of the new characters blade and deadpool seem pretty fashionable. When it comes to worst we have a clear winner in beast. He looks like a failed attempt for something they accomplished in rocket & groot.
  • siebenvier wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    X-Force is definitely dominating the field. The most common companions for him in pvp are hood and c.mags but since the full release of goddess XF might settle down to her.
    Out of the new characters blade and deadpool seem pretty fashionable. When it comes to worst we have a clear winner in beast. He looks like a failed attempt for something they accomplished in rocket & groot.

This is what bothers me the most. I spent a year collecting 26 fully covered 3* characters and I feel like I can't compete at all because I am a few X-Force covers short. Tack on the fact that you pretty much need X-Force covers to earn X-Force covers and the game feels completely broken to me. Now they are getting rid of shield hopping, I can't see how anyone is going to hit 1300 points to ever catch up to the players that already have X-Force maxed out.
  • Thank you both for the replies.
    rooter wrote:
    siebenvier wrote:
    Narkon wrote:
    Now they are getting rid of shield hopping, I can't see how anyone is going to hit 1300 points to ever catch up to the players that already have X-Force maxed out.
    What do you mean they are getting rid of shield hopping? From what I can see the shields are still an option. Is this going to change in the near future?

Edit: Nevermind. I just saw the post.