David Moore

Options
Accident-eLe
Accident-eLe Posts: 47
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Dear David,
It must suck to be the person who has to make all the announcements. It feels like every announcement is followed by ten pages of hate. I feel like we should lay of d3 for David's sake. He probably thinks the world hates him. Another option is d3 could make a positive change in the game that has been tested at least minorly.

I just want you and heck ice x as well to know that the player base doesn't hate you. We understand that you have absolutely no power at d3 because otherwise negative things wouldn't constantly happen as you two are the only ones reading the forums.

Lastly I would like to thank the 1 intern that d3 has doing customer service. I know that as the only person working on hundreds of thousands of tickets your job must feel like a never ending juggernaut heroic.

Comments

• David Moore, David Moore, riding through the night
    Soon every lupin in the land will be in his mighty hand
  • Accident-eLe
    Options
    Oo songs and poems to cheer up David are obviously a plus since he will feel much better after he reads them.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Maybe he could make a post explaining the difference between a developer and a publisher.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Maybe he could make a post explaining the difference between a developer and a publisher.

Or how just because you work for a company doesn't mean you have any meaningful influence.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean, that's kind of a Community manager's job, having a thick skin is probably item number one on the job requirements. Now IceIX, on the other hand, doesn't deserve any gruff, since he takes time off his development duties to help us with info, often even off the clock
  • There once was a man named Moore
    Who forumites wanted to adore
    But into his lap
    The Dev's threw their ****
    And now his job is a chore.
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Roses are red
    His name is Dave
    This poem makes no sense
    Microwave
  • I have a feeling that part of the job description was a large printout of various threads from the forum with two post-it notes. On the front, one that says "READ IN ENTIRETY" and the second right at the end saying "Still want job? Check box yes or no." Surely he knew what he was getting into. Anyone who spends any amount of time online would.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    His name was David

He was a showgirl....

No wait, that's not right. You're doing a sterling job Dave
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There once was a man named Moore
    Who drank so much rum he was on the floor
    The happy comments were few
    With no results that were new
    so slept in a puddle of spew.
  • Now i'm not saying I hate anyone but I do take exception to a post denying me the RIGHT to hate members of D3!!!!!!

I have come to the conclusion they occasionally irk me.... they are irksome..... icon_twisted.gif
  • Gr8 H8 M8!

L8's
  • M C K wrote:
    Roses are red
    His name is Dave
    This poem makes no sense
    Microwave
    Burma Shave
  • gamar wrote:
    M C K wrote:
    Roses are red
    His name is Dave
    This poem makes no sense
    Microwave
    Burma Shave

Do the waaave!
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Dear David,
    It must suck to be the person who has to make all the announcements. It feels like every announcement is followed by ten pages of hate. I feel like we should lay of d3 for David's sake. He probably thinks the world hates him. Another option is d3 could make a positive change in the game that has been tested at least minorly.

I just want you and heck ice x as well to know that the player base doesn't hate you. We understand that you have absolutely no power at d3 because otherwise negative things wouldn't constantly happen as you two are the only ones reading the forums.

Lastly I would like to thank the 1 intern that d3 has doing customer service. I know that as the only person working on hundreds of thousands of tickets your job must feel like a never ending juggernaut heroic.

This is very passive aggressive of you... If you truly hold no ill feelings towards David (or Ice X), you wouldn't be throwing veiled insults at them icon_e_smile.gif
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    I'm really not sure how to respond to this...so, I'll just say, THANK YOU!

(/walks away smiling while adjusting flame-retardant suit)
  • Accident-eLe
    Options
    My post was meant to get across two things.

1. That I feel it must be unfortunate to be the PR man for a company that has little interest in listening to anything that happens on the forums. I appreciate IceX and David taking there time to read and comment (though David commenting surprised me) on our "hit button" issues as it makes us feel as though someone cares, even if the Devs don't.

2. Really I just feel that d3 is hiding behind the freemium model. since their game is f2p the services they have connected to it feel almost non-existent. They can have laughably bad customer service because the player base accepts this under the fact that their game costs nothing. However we have all seen that the game like many f2p is actually pay 2 win. The reasoning behind this is because real money effects in game currency. If I can buy more rainbow boosts, health packs, and shields then you I can achieve better scores. If you compare this to other fakes it would be like LOL allowing you to purchase items in game for cash. Freemium is a lucrative business model because if provides minimal input into your own game. WOW would never get away with having the same storyline for over a year. Sorry guts Molten Core is the only raid available go back to pvping and grinding for gear through crafting. Also when inexplicable things happen to your account it does not takes weeks to repair, the acception being getting hacked as that comes from outside the game and must be investigated.

If any of you want to debate this I can write more but until then I feel I gave at least opened the floor to this discussion. And tes my OP is meant to be passive aggressive. Anyone who wasn't getting that feeling must have a lower opinion of d3 then I do as they believe there really is only 1 intern doing customer support.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The text in bold is passive aggressive. I will not go into details, but let's just say that it is my job to understand human behaviour. You sir, are kidding yourself if you think that throwing veiled insults is anything but passive aggressive.

The rest of your post was worthy of mentioning. However, it is defeated by the two aforementioned comments. It's akin to saying to your loved one "I love you, but..." - the "but" always negates the first part icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    David Moore, David Moore, riding through the night
    Soon every lupin in the land will be in his mighty hand

David Moore, David Moore, Etcetera. Etctera.
  • Accident-eLe
    Options
    In recent news David is a hero again as he delivers news about season compensation. Perhaps the bad days really do come with the good!