How rare is a Thor card

Options
Just throwing this out there, but how rare is a Thor card. Seems like the one card that never shows itself from any packs.

After screwing him up the first time and going 2/5/4, I had to rebuild him icon_cry.gif , yet I never seem to come across the damn card icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif , just lucky enough to get him to 1/3/3 on my new Thor card, and now comes a dry spell icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• I got a Thor Thunderstrike today in a standard pack. Thor cards seem rare so I spent $$$ to level him up and it has been worth it.
  • Just throwing this out there, but how rare is a Thor card. Seems like the one card that never shows itself from any packs.

After screwing him up the first time and going 2/5/4, I had to rebuild him icon_cry.gif , yet I never seem to come across the damn card icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif , just lucky enough to get him to 1/3/3 on my new Thor card, and now comes a dry spell icon_e_sad.gif

Did you get all the covers from the prologue? He is not rare, you will find him fairly frequently with tokens.
  • They're not really all that rare, Also you yourself readily acknowledge you've found 18 covers of his.
  • thor isnt too terribly rare but its a matter of not getting the same cover over,,and over..and well u get this idea (his green can seriously go burn in hell)
  • Yeah, I`m completely done with the prologue. Just curious why I seem to have a dry spell with him when it comes to tokens

And the only reason why I was able to get those Thor tokens before was mostly from the prologue. Other then that, I`m out of luck when it comes to tokens icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
  • I wouldn't say he's the easiest to find, but he's not what I would consider rare either. Just keep at it, he'll show his face eventually. =)
  • I get yellows all the time, but mine's been stuck at 2/5/3 for like six weeks, and it's starting to annoy me.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2* is "uncommon", as opposed to 3* which is "rare".

So he's not rare at all, just uncommon.

Anyway, from heroic or standard tokens, he's just as likely as any other 2* character. Actually, 50% more likely than 2-power 2* characters, since it's per power, not per character.

From special event tokens, he may or may not be available at all. For example, you would never get Thor from Powered Up or Gamma Bomb tokens in the Hulk event, because he wasn't boosted for that event. This has made him *seem* more rare lately, but that's only because tokens that didn't include him were being given out like candy.
  • Thor is the rarest character in the game until you complete him, and then your next 10 covers will all be Thor.

This is true for all characters.
  • Thor is the rarest character in the game until you complete him, and then your next 10 covers will all be Thor.

This is true for all characters.

I swear, if I get another IM40 yellow/red... literally any other 3 star cover, I could use...
  • I just started another account on steam cause I can't play the same game both on ios and pc, and my new account has a 3 cover thor gotten just from standard token. My 1star storm in comparison has just 4 covers. So I got lucky with lots of thor covers.