"The Gauntlet" is absolutely unfair!

I think "The Gauntlet" is an absolutely unfair PvE-Event, which only prefers player who had Top-Leveled Token (min. Level 166). In "Alpine Tactics - Simulation 24" the enemies are Iron Man Model 40, The Punisher and Deadpool, all with full abilities and on Level 132.
After Simulation 24 you have to play 4 more Simulations to unlock "Global Domination". There you had to complete another 20 Simulations to get "Loki" as reward.
In every Simulation I played the enemies were stronger and higher leveled than in the former simulation. If the enemies are allready so strong in Simulation 24 (Alpine Tactics) how strong will they be in the following Levels?

It's a shame, that only the Top-leveled Players will be prefer by D3p!!! icon_mad.gif

Comments

• Actually, players with a developed roster have to face severe enemy level scaling. You say you are facing level 132 enemies on "Alpine Tactics - Simulation 24"? With my roster (level 170 XForce, 5 level 166 3* none of which are boosted) I'm already facing level 130 and I'm just starting "Alpine Tactics", which means the enemies will be level 200+ when I reach Simulation 24.
    Players with even bigger rosters face level 300+ enemies at the end of every Gauntlet. And when your enemies are that strong, a single cascade from them can wipe your entire team.

The Gauntlet is unfair for everybody, because from some point on it relies more on luck than anything else. It is meant to be a challenge. However, the fact that there is no placement reward, no direct competition against other players and no alliance reward means we can play as much as we want, when we want. And that is why I like it.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah my Simulation 24 is level 183 IM and level 184 Punpun & DP. I used level 220 XForce, 166CMags, 166 LThor. Boosted using all three of the two colour boosts. Kill DP, then Punpun, then IM.

Gauntlet is supposed to be hard. It's supposed to be a grind. It's supposed to force you to use characters you wouldn't normally and make you work hard for the rewards.

It also has no refresh times. No need to place high. and no "schedule" it's the best format that we have.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2014
    Tell you what... take the time to fully develop your roster, so you can enjoy the lv395 opponents that those people are up against. Then come back and tell us how much awesomely better Gauntlet is for you then.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Sorry to those who love Gauntlet, but the scaling needs to be fixed. I"m not against some challenge, but this is ridiculous. I quit the last one halfway through sub 2 because my scaling was miserable and nothing has changed. My Alpine Sims 19 and 20 are currently level 208. Can I beat them? Yes, with boosts and some luck, plus dying. But that only means I'm going to be hitting 300s by the end of this sub or beginning of next.

The Gauntlet is supposed to be hard -- at the end. It shouldn't be tear-your-hair-out frustrating before you have even reached halfway.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I boosted (ISO only) most nodes and my scaling didn't go up too much, nor did I have any major issues with any of the nodes so far. I consider my roster developed. Not "spend a ton of real $$ and max every character immediately" developed, but it's as developed as I want it to be. My X Force is level 220 on purpose. My Goddess of Thunder is not cover maxed or leveled on purpose. I considered dumping 10K HP in to her to get the covers I want, but I'll wait and see how much I need her (so far, not much).

My point is, this event isn't meant to be easy at all for anyone. That said, if the game were easy people would get bored of it and stop playing. Nothing worth doing is easy. That's what makes it worth doing.
  • Okay, thanks for your comments.
    I didn't know, how strong the enemies are, when you're playing with token on Level 166 +, 'cause I didn't own one of them.
    I thought, that the strenght of the enemies are the same for all players.
  • The answer is to just keep throwing yourself against the higher level enemies until you have some success.

Focus on thinking about what particular challenges the enemy team is going to offer and then pick a lineup that can (at least somewhat) address those issues. Even with an exclusive star.pngstar.png roster last time that this event ran, I was able to get the first star.pngstar.pngstar.png cover with enough effort. Don't be afraid to use your good team-ups and saved up boosts. If you've got some ISO saved up, it might be a good idea to keep purchasing and using those 2 color boosts!

This is a place where roster breadth really counts, so having several character options is one of the keys to success here. If you're working with just a couple of characters at a workable level, this may just not be the event for you at the moment.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use some of you're cheapest ways to finish off teams.

Deadpool's Whales (Either in person or as a TU) can be used for particularly problematic nodes.
    Surprisingly even a low level Venom can use Devour to finish off a character that provides a lot of problems (Daken, Wolverine, any passive healer really.)

Biggest recommendation though is to AVOID the Essential nodes! If you just do the standard nodes 1st, the scaling won't be nearly as high. Once you finish ALL the normal nodes, you can walk all over the Essential nodes as they are WAY EASIER than anything past them.
  • leftyquit
    leftyquit Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    For my three star or higher characters, I can't even find a second cover to train their powers, so I see where you are coming from. However, can be beaten, may need to wait an hour to revive the top members.
    purplecrit.png
  • I m in 28 218 jugg 218 Cmag 218 Loki vs 138 2* team....

what that **** is going on!