Last holiday season..

Options
Wonko33
Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Anybody remembers what they did last year for the holiday season?

HP ISO sales?

special rewards?

Something similar to 50 HP anniversary token we just got?

Comments

• There might have been a sale. The main thing I remember is Hulk was rolled out around then.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think there was a sale, but nothing else special. The game was still very new.
  • it was the Hulk - and everyone got a "free" Hulk once the global points counter hit an arbitrary target.

it was kinda fun, actually - and with no announcement ahead of time, there was a a lot of elation at receiving a free Hulk.

... or maybe that was all the rum in the eggnog...
  • Vitalbird
    Options
    Hulk was last Thanksgiving. I don't remember much of anything memorable around this time of year.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Pretty sure it was after Christmas. I didn't start playing MPQ until Christmas week. It was the second running of the Hunt with Hulk after a week of no PvE.

Yes. There could be 1 or 2 weeks without a PvE back then.
  • The Hulk ran back to back from just before Christmas to just before New Years. I remember this because I got T300 for all three covers on both runs and then didn't see another black Hulk cover for 3 months.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vitalbird wrote:
    Hulk was last Thanksgiving. I don't remember much of anything memorable around this time of year.

Hulk was definitely during the christmas holidays.
    I clearly remember grinding for him on part of my vacation days that fell between christmas and new year's day.
  • eb9OQuq.jpg

for the holidays

(ps, "Your images may only be up to 700 pixels wide." .... why?)
  • Vitalbird
    Options
    I guess that was the second running for hulk then. The first was during Thanksgiving. I remember because my wife threatened to throw my tablet in the lake if I kept ignoring my family.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vitalbird wrote:
    I guess that was the second running for hulk then. The first was during Thanksgiving. I remember because my wife threatened to throw my tablet in the lake if I kept ignoring my family.
    No, the first run of the Hulk was over Christmas, the second was immediately afterwards past New Year's Eve. Not sure wht might have been running over Thanksgiving last year, but it could have been the rerun of Unstable ISO or Heoric Mode: Venom...
  • Hulk ran twice, back to back, for like 18 days straight, in late December. It definitely wasn't during Thanksgiving.