Conspiracy?

Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it me or does the AI seem to go out of their way to target or match your X-Force Recovery CD tile? I swear the AI gave up a match 4 to match the tile into a double match 3.

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Yesterday I had two games where this seemed the case. In one, there were 3 other options for yellow match threes....and it killed my Recovery. In the second, there was a black match three, a TU match three and the yellow match three. Guess which it took?

I tend to wait until there are either lots of yellow options for matches or none to drop Recovery so I have a small sample size and am definitely PISSED when it gets matched away.
  • I end up matching the Recovery tile myself for damage because the AI always magically seems to be able to match it away.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I definitely lose the Recovery CD tile more than any other CD tile I use. Maybe it's just because of random placement, whereas I hand pick most others (like Cap). It does tend to go in the perfectly wrong location a lot. Like right in the path of a match-4 that was my go to next move. That one happens so, so often.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    It's uncanny how often a 'safe' recovery tile gets caught in a match-4 row
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does seem like the AI prioritizes CD tiles. So I don't totally mind, because it does seem like they are likely to match their own as much as they are likely to match ours. If that wasn't the case, and it just seemed like they went after ours, it would not be fair. As the case seems to be, to me, I am fine with it.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    MarvelMan wrote:
    Yesterday I had two games where this seemed the case. In one, there were 3 other options for yellow match threes....and it killed my Recovery. In the second, there was a black match three, a TU match three and the yellow match three. Guess which it took?

I tend to wait until there are either lots of yellow options for matches or none to drop Recovery so I have a small sample size and am definitely PISSED when it gets matched away.

Right? Maybe the AI see's something we don't but when I see what I think is a much more strategic and stronger move (not talking about those odd match 5's) it makes me wonder
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moral wrote:
    you don't HAVE to make that match 4. it is perfectly reasonable to just make that a match 3 and save your CD
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint wrote:
    Moral wrote:
    you don't HAVE to make that match 4. it is perfectly reasonable to just make that a match 3 and save your CD
    It happens both ways. Sure you can avoid the one that you were going to take, but they get caught in AI chosen paths a lot as well.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    This is where Thor shines...stun for 3 or 4 turns and guaranteed xf healing.
    No more prologue/pve goon xf healing for me.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    fmftint wrote:
    Moral wrote:

Not my match. Blasted tiles fall from off the board for the AI to match.

And yes, I've foiled at least 3 match 4s on my own turns to protect the recovery just to have a different match fall into place for that same tile.

I've even started dropping 2 recovery tiles on the same turn. AI match-4 on the first tile and the cascade killed the second.

icon_mad.gif
  • Don't even get me started on the AIs ability to avoid Demolition traps!
  • I have always had a good laugh at just how often my Hulk's anger timers are matched by cascades, let alone active tile matching. Personally I think that should just enrage him even more ... make two timers for every one matched! Do not try to placate the Hulk!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Is it me or does the AI seem to go out of their way to target or match your X-Force Recovery CD tile? I swear the AI gave up a match 4 to match the tile into a double match 3.

maybe they just coded it that removing enemy counters is more valuable than getting a few extra AP . Conspiracy.... I don't think it means what you think it means.
  • its gotten to the point where I'm shocked when yellows dont perfectly fall in place every time to break it. Id say I have less than a 25% success rate getting it to go off.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Using Magnetos yellow is much better, since at least that does not give cascade advantage to AI.

Advice for devs:
    XF recovery tile should be replaced on enemy match with a 1-turn (Hulk-style post enemy-move destroy) CD tile.
  • Single yellow cover x-force says, "That yellow thingy does something besides shake the board a little?"
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

maybe they just coded it that removing enemy counters is more valuable than getting a few extra AP . Conspiracy.... I don't think it means what you think it means.

I think you are just in on it. What do they have on you?!?!
  • I've noticed the same with my red captain america tiles. Blue comes back all the time but red magically gets matched away consistently
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    In my experience the AI constantly matches all countdown tiles(including their own).
  • I've found that if the AI has 2 possible matches of the same color, and one matches their countdown, they'll choose the one that doesn't match their countdown.
    However, they'll use an ability and match the countdown right away a lot of the time. Maybe they figure they might as well get the AP as you're going to clear it anyways?