Moratorium on changes

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Well, it's nearly Christmas, and approaching the time when developers and support staff leave the office not to be seen until the New Year.

In that light, could I please request that no more changes are made to the game's mechanisms until the New Year.

Comments

• turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That might affect new christmas content badly icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    turul wrote:

How so? If it's a new PvE structure or even more new characters, that's just data.

I'm talking about functionality, such as changes to MMR, or sharding, or multiple ending times for events, or the AI difficulty, or perhaps even the complete reworking of a character. The kind of stuff that hasn't always worked perfectly first time, and you wouldn't want to have implemented on Friday afternoon just before everyone heads off the weekend, let alone just before Christmas when everyone heads off for 2 weeks leaving perhaps only a skeleton staff on call.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And also, please no new character releases over a holiday week. My Thanksgiving trip got me kicked from my old alliance (and I do not blame them).
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    And also, please no new character releases over a holiday week. My Thanksgiving trip got me kicked from my old alliance (and I do not blame them).

Really? I heard the long Christmas break was the perfect time to roll out 4* Iron Patriot with a similar top 50 reward format, just on a 7.5 day PvE heroic.
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Even when I don't personally agree with changes that are made, I appreciate the fact that they are constantly trying to work on the game and improve the experience.

i think I would lose interest if it became stagnant.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Moral wrote:

Really? I heard the long Christmas break was the perfect time to roll out 4* Iron Patriot with a similar top 50 reward format, just on a 7.5 day PvE heroic.

you forgot with a 45 minutes refresh on the 3 subs
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    turul wrote:

How so? If it's a new PvE structure or even more new characters, that's just data.

I'm talking about functionality, such as changes to MMR, or sharding, or multiple ending times for events, or the AI difficulty, or perhaps even the complete reworking of a character. The kind of stuff that hasn't always worked perfectly first time, and you wouldn't want to have implemented on Friday afternoon just before everyone heads off the weekend, let alone just before Christmas when everyone heads off for 2 weeks leaving perhaps only a skeleton staff on call.

==>
    Q: Could you share with us some info on the new Story mode or the new game mode? There's no need to tell us the expected date, but sharing some info will get us excited. Maybe like telling us the new antagonist (Apocalypse, Sentinel, etc.)?
    A: Just a couple hints on the new Event and game mode rolling out in December:
    1.	You’ve seen one of the antagonists in the game already.
    2.	There’s a new minion group, with Red and Black abilities.
    3.	There are a lot of them.

Of course this could just mean new story / chars, "new game mode" may be just bad wording...
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    brisashi wrote:
    Even when I don't personally agree with changes that are made, I appreciate the fact that they are constantly trying to work on the game and improve the experience.

i think I would lose interest if it became stagnant.

I wasn't suggesting they stop making changes, I was asking that they don't implement changes just before everyone goes away on holiday and aren't available to support the game if something goes wrong.
  • Moon Roach
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    turul wrote:

==>
    Q: Could you share with us some info on the new Story mode or the new game mode? There's no need to tell us the expected date, but sharing some info will get us excited. Maybe like telling us the new antagonist (Apocalypse, Sentinel, etc.)?
    A: Just a couple hints on the new Event and game mode rolling out in December:
    1.	You’ve seen one of the antagonists in the game already.
    2.	There’s a new minion group, with Red and Black abilities.
    3.	There are a lot of them.

Of course this could just mean new story / chars, "new game mode" may be just bad wording...

Oh dear. I hope they either wait until the new year, or be available for support over the holiday period, just in case.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    There is 1 week between Christmas and New Years. There will be a 7 day PvE with a new character that starts Christmas day and ends New Years Eve night.

I really believe developers see that as a favor to players that have that week off.
  • I prefer changes. I would not mind triple ISO drops and tokens that do laugh at me and then spit out Ares/M Hawkeye/Moonstone.