Skill Points

Change the way characters progress during the game. Instead of giving them random covers for a power, give skill points for a character which can be spent on any power they have. EG: If you finish an event that would give you two covers for a certain character, give two skill points for that character instead. Then the player can put those points into whatever skills they want.

I've seen similar suggestions a few times, and I can see it helping with a few things:
-It allows players with maxed characters to more easily respec them if they want to try a different setup/build/strategy.
-It removes frustration of getting a cover you already have maxed out.
-It makes some events worth playing, specifically when you don't need the first or second covers given as rewards, but want the third, hard to get cover.
-With the increase in characters, getting the covers you need for someone gets harder and harder. This will make it slightly more reasonable, with the transition to 3* less tedious.
-When a player get's a new character, they can put a point into each skill and buy out their covers with HP more easily.

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Yes please. Although I do not have a single 3* maxed yet, I could see how it could be frustrating to receive a cover for a colour that is already maxed. Actually, it is already annoying to receive less useful covers while transitioning, while the better covers evade me (ie I have only 1 Hulk black, but 3 red, and only 1 Hood blue but 3 black...). Thanks for this suggestion. I think it would be great.
  • san-mpq wrote:
    Yes please. Although I do not have a single 3* maxed yet, I could see how it could be frustrating to receive a cover for a colour that is already maxed. Actually, it is already annoying to receive less useful covers while transitioning, while the better covers evade me (ie I have only 1 Hulk black, but 3 red, and only 1 Hood blue but 3 black...). Thanks for this suggestion. I think it would be great.
    If you think that's bad, just wait until you get a 4* character with 5 covers in one power, but only 1-2 in the others, and then proceed to get multiple covers for the one power that you already have maxed.

I've heard that the transition from 2* to 3* is even more grueling than it used to be. Even being able to hit the covers you need for 2* can be tedious. I think this suggestion would go a long way towards improving this. I would hate to think of how many players have quit because they hit a wall and just can't seem to progress without the proper covers.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    das boot wrote:
    san-mpq wrote:
    If you think that's bad, just wait until you get a 4* character with 5 covers in one power, but only 1-2 in the others, and then proceed to get multiple covers for the one power that you already have maxed.

I've heard that the transition from 2* to 3* is even more grueling than it used to be. Even being able to hit the covers you need for 2* can be tedious. I think this suggestion would go a long way towards improving this. I would hate to think of how many players have quit because they hit a wall and just can't seem to progress without the proper covers.

I can certainly imagine that scenario, though with the draw rate for 4* characters, I will be lucky if I can even max that one single power. In 134 days, I have XForce at 1/1/1, Dino 1/1/1, Fury 0/1/0, and IW 0/2/1... so I don't think I ought to be worried for... another year at least?... This is what I call ridiculous...