Alliance Loyalty Prizes

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
If you play the game each day, you can get Daily Rewards.

There should be something similar for staying active in the same alliance, awarded monthly. Something like the following.
Month 1 Heroic token
Month 2 Heroic token
Month 3 10,000 iso
Month 4 Heroic token
Month 5 Heroic token
Month 6 1000 Hero Points
Month 7 Heroic token
Month 8 Heroic token
Month 9 20,000 iso
Month 10 Heroic token
Month 11 Heroic token
Month 12 Token for any cover in the game.

Comments

• san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    +1 to this... great idea. would promote team building and loyalty and discourage alliance jumping for prizes at the end of a season/event
  • Best idea. I love it.

However, I think MPQ will miss the point and do something more like...

1 - 70 ISO
    2 - 140 ISO
    3 - Standard Token
    4 - 2 Standard Tokens
    5 - 3 Standard Tokens
    6 - 250 ISO
    7 - 500 ISO
    9 - 25 HP
    10 - Heroic Token
    11 - 50 HP
    12 - 1000 ISO
    13 - 500 ISO
    14 - Heroic Token
    15 - 100 HP
    16 + Nothing
  • Given the alliance networking that goes on, I wonder how many people would aim for the 3 or 6 month prizes (in the suggested strata) and then swap within the alliance.

I would make a couple of suggestions. Perhaps something like the special 3* heroic tokens that we see in the buy-in tourneys as opposed to just plain heroic tokens. Alternatively, award something that is otherwise unattainable and gives a competitive advantage to those teams that don't swap heavily. Perhaps something like bonus season points in the form of a modifier:
    • Month 1: +2% bonus season points per event
    • Month 2: +4% bonus season points per event

Cap it at a 10% bonus, which means that at the end of an event, if you scored 1,000 points, you'll get an additional 100 points added to your season score. This approach has several benefits:
    1. Since it's awarded at event's end, it won't count towards that event's progression rewards, so it won't alter the distribution of high end awards.
    2. The amount is small enough that it wouldn't significantly alter the total number of season progression rewards (though they may want to increase those thresholds to account for this increase in points).
    3. Since the bonus pool is only applied to the season points, it wouldn't alter or unfairly influence the standings of individual events.
    4. It would promote keeping an alliance together over end-of-season swapping.

If they'd ever properly implement some non-competitive cooperative alliance events or AvA, they'd have a lot more options to work with, but until such time, I'd like to see loyalty make you competitively advantaged.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    My alliance recently had to dissolve and reform to get away from a couple of commander tags that CS was unwilling to lift for us. If we could work in some kind of threshold such that if 75% of an alliance all moves in the same weekend that the loyalty clock for that group moves with them? (That or have the loyalty clock start ticking at the inception of the program; rather than grandfathering in the 7.5 seasons of loyalty the 16 of us would have lost despite remaining largely intact as a group.)
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    My alliance recently had to dissolve and reform to get away from a couple of commander tags that CS was unwilling to lift for us. If we could work in some kind of threshold such that if 75% of an alliance all moves in the same weekend that the loyalty clock for that group moves with them? (That or have the loyalty clock start ticking at the inception of the program; rather than grandfathering in the 7.5 seasons of loyalty the 16 of us would have lost despite remaining largely intact as a group.)

While unfortunate, I think that this would be a rare circumstance, to be dealt with by devs on a case-by-case basis, rather than making it a general rule (as we all know, complex rules are just heavens for rule benders).
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't disagree with some type of incentive for staying in the same alliance longer, I don't think it should be to the detriment of newer players as well. Something along the lines of the Daily Resupply.

Also perhaps just increasing the daily Iso pay out for longevity in a given alliance. I'm not thinking anything crazy here, but perhaps an extra 5 Iso per season that a given player has been in your alliance. An extra 5 Iso per day, for 30 days, that's an extra 600 Iso per member per month, stacking... Ok, that might get a little insane after a while.