For Marvel buffs

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Whose symbol is the "X" on blue and white background that appears while loading the game?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I assumed it was Cyclops since he has used that pattern on one of his costumes: 1430696-cyclops_bigcostume6__1_.jpg
  • To clarify, I don't know the answer myself icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Generic X-Men symbol; I think it's the same one that appeared on the X-Men boosts before those were discontinued. It'll probably be Prof. X's when he's introduced.
  • donietsche
    donietsche Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would say the logo of the x-uniforms during the Grant Morrison's run. But probably "generic x-logo" is the right answer!
  • It looks like someone's chest though. Maybe I remember wrong. Did any X-Men wear a suit like that at any point? Giant X with blue and white... stripes... I think.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    It looks like someone's chest though. Maybe I remember wrong. Did any X-Men wear a suit like that at any point? Giant X with blue and white... stripes... I think.

The original incarnation of X-Factor pretty much all did, (see picture below, plus when Beast reverted to boring mode he wore one too).
    1-1.jpg
  • donietsche
    Options
    1123979.jpg
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The generic X-Men logo is used in the Retired boost.
    hGldPppl.png?1

But the one in the loading screen has someone's costume.
    igYVEiAl.png?1
  • donietsche wrote:
    1123979.jpg

God. This reminds me of how much I hate Grant Morrison.
  • I want to say Bobby Drake's (Iceman) costume, when drawn by Whilce Portacio (Uncanny X-Men Gold Team), was pale blue and white. I can't think of anyone else with that color scheme. It would have made more sense for it to be blue and gold to fit the generic team uniforms.
  • zubalove wrote:
    I want to say Bobby Drake's (Iceman) costume, when drawn by Whilce Portacio (Uncanny X-Men Gold Team), was pale blue and white. I can't think of anyone else with that color scheme. It would have made more sense for it to be blue and gold to fit the generic team uniforms.
    Now we know for sure that is the symbol of X-Men but mystery still remains as I think it's part of someone's costume rather than just a symbol as it is the case in Juggernaut's symbol. Iceman seems plausible. I always thought this was taken from the art of an unreleased character in the game.
  • donietsche
    edited December 2014
    Options
    zubalove wrote:
    donietsche wrote:
    1123979.jpg

I basically love everything Grant wrote, so you can say I'm a fanboy, but may ask you why? I think his run on x-men was refreshing and compelling... and the artwork was top notch while Quitely was on board.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    donietsche wrote:
    ... and the artwork was top notch while Quitely was on board.
    I like Quitely's art in general, but it seems like everyone he draws just smelled a fart. Look at them, all sneering and clenching...

I think this has improved since New X-Men, though.
  • donietsche
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    donietsche wrote:
    ... and the artwork was top notch while Quitely was on board.
    I like Quitely's art in general, but it seems like everyone he draws just smelled a fart. Look at them, all sneering and clenching...

I think this has improved since New X-Men, though.

yes, Quitely's faces are somewhat "farty" I'll give you that! He still is a wonderful artist (All Star Superman is a masterpiece), maybe he was a bit out of his territory with the x-men (who are usually depicted in a "fashionable" way, so to speak).

It's all about style I guess... Quitely seems to be influenced to an extent by underground comics (R. Crumb is the first artist that comes to mind).

Anyway the cover I posted was drawn by Ethan Van Scrier.
  • donietsche wrote:
    zubalove wrote:

I basically love everything Grant wrote, so you can say I'm a fanboy, but mayI ask you why? I think his run on x-men was refreshing and compelling... and the artwork was top notch while Quitely was on board.

I liked the beginning of his run, but the Weapon Plus and Magneto storylines were just freaking awful, and the Secondary Mutation stuff was really bad too