[SOCIAL LIFE POLL] How often does this happen to you?

Options
h4n1s
h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It's Friday night. You go out with your friends and the time just flows. Suddenly you find yourself paying much more attention to your wrist, looking at your watch thinking: "I should leave, I have 2 hours left to grind some score in MPQ event. Season will be soon over and I did not even reach yet my committed 600 pts for my Alliance" In that moment your friend mentions: "Lets go to strip bar, I am paying!" What will you do?

(see, I know, that not all of you are having wrist watch, nor maybe enjoying going to strip bar - feel free to replace those with more appropriate elements closer to you; I'd like to get some understanding what would the majority do, and how is MPQ impacting the social life)

BTW this nearly exact scenario happened to me on Friday - I chose option one and never regretted it, will I burn in hell for failing to deliver my alliance commitment for points per PvP? icon_twisted.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I chose "other".
    People actually go to strip clubs? Ahem. Now that I've pretended to be morally superior for a few brief shining seconds...

Since my main account is tied to my PC through Steam, I am a little limited in options. It's either "do MPQ" or "do anything else". For the most part, I choose "do anything else". It's worked so far. I have an...acceptable roster. I have fun. Plus, I still get to do other things. When the game completely takes over your life - well, that can be a problem if you let it.

It's kind of like when I used to play World of Warcraft. I became heavily addicted to the game - spent three years on it, and pretty much denied any external activity beyond what was needed to survive (work, get food, shower, SOME sleep...) and my life suffered greatly for it. The game burned me out, and the raiding and guild aspects made me feel heavily obligated to be online some 8+ hours a day. One day, I was sitting at the keyboard and realized that I wasn't having fun anymore - and worse than that, I was paying Blizzard $15 a month to not have fun. Lesson learned.
  • Quit competitive alliance favoring a more casual alliance. Spend more time with wife, and realize how much more satisfying it is than MPQ. I've never been much for strip clubs; could probably max a 3* with the same money.

My problem now is finding the right threshold between MPQ and wife. A few minutes can make a huge difference.
  • noobprime
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    I've never been much for strip clubs; could probably max a 3* with the same money.
    New unit for MPQ discussion shall now be lapdances.
    Usage: "That stupid 10x token pack was a waste of a lapdance!"
  • I play a lot, and I definitely sacrifice sleep and sanity for the game, but I'll be damned if I'm giving up my social life. I would never choose MPQ or any video game over friends.
  • playing on steam, it is much more difficult doing a sweep every 2.5 hours instead of doing it on your phone each time.
    So i pretty much gave up on the perfect score. I clear every node 2-3 times now for the rewards from the nods and ignore event score / event position.
    Also because there are no alliances without a PvP requirement to join, so i chose to play without alliance lol.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also because there are no alliances without a PvP requirement to join, so i chose to play without alliance lol.

There are many Alliances without strict PVP scoring requirements - the one I'm in, for instance (PM me - we have an opening!). That said, such an Alliance may not be Top 100, but even being Top 250 or more will still get you some great swag.

To the OP, I do tend to get distracted from real life by this game, no doubt, But if I'm out with friends or family - I put the phone away. It's the only way to stay sane (and keep those friends and family).
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pft, friends all the way. If I ever start to arrange my social life around a match-3 phone game, I'm deleting the thing.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The thing is MPQ and actually being part of actively communicating alliance give you a feeling of strong social group. And this feeling basically impacts your daily behavior exactly in the same way as facebook does to big part of people. See I was on dinner with a friend of mine (girl). She basically stopped listening and eating as soon as a FB messenger window poped up on her smart phone, like it has higher priority.

I have to admit that I really often find myself thinking about "will I manage to grind at least 2 hours tonight?" when deciding whether to accept invitation to ad-hoc party or not...
  • You made the right choice brother. Gamora is hot, but she wont get naked for you!