10 pack transition

ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
Given the outrageous cost to level characters, would it truly be *that* bad if D3 raised the drop rate on 3* covers? Fine. Keep the rarity of the 4*. But when I get a 10 pack of ALL 2*, or when I witness a 10% 3 and 4* out of a 42 pack? ARE YOU FREAKING JOKING? There is no way I'm giving true money.

You want to increase ISO purchasing? Truly raise the drop rates. It's Abysmal. But ronin-san, you say. How do sort out the probability of all the covers falling? Simple. DO "chance of x characters" packs, similar to tourney and pve runs.

ISO will still be coveted. But let us get our toons covered. I've got 34 slots and less than 10 fully covered characters. It's well beyond broken, D3.

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    I had a good idea to reach a middle ground with users upset about drop rates and increased characters: no more rotation. For whatever reason, they've decided that they can only offer so many three stars. Rather than limit the number available, keep them all in gold tokens. Players get a slightly higher chance of getting a three star than usual, but the same chance of getting one they actually want. Plus, they will get more bad covers, which sell for a bit more.

It's a really simple tweak, and would make players a lot happier, while still staying true to D3's ideal drop rates.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Square wrote:
    I had a good idea to reach a middle ground with users upset about drop rates and increased characters: no more rotation. For whatever reason, they've decided that they can only offer so many three stars. Rather than limit the number available, keep them all in gold tokens. Players get a slightly higher chance of getting a three star than usual, but the same chance of getting one they actually want. Plus, they will get more bad covers, which sell for a bit more.

It's a really simple tweak, and would make players a lot happier, while still staying true to D3's ideal drop rates.

I think the "disadvantage" to this plan is that 3* characters are worth more Iso than 2* characters. I'm not opposed to this plan at all, but I think that would give out more Iso than they have calculated into their bottom line and would guess that this is the reason such logical plans would not be enacted.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    Square wrote:

I think the "disadvantage" to this plan is that 3* characters are worth more Iso than 2* characters. I'm not opposed to this plan at all, but I think that would give out more Iso than they have calculated into their bottom line and would guess that this is the reason such logical plans would not be enacted.

The prblem is how to get what we want.

They should introduce " smart" drop system to their drop table. More covers for the same character you have , more chance a gold cover will be that character, before the character max its cover.

The drop rate can mantain and the cover we got can be more useful. Now I get 8 Lcap/ 5 BP / 4BW / 5 Hulk / 5 Lthor / 6 CapM / 4 X force / 6 deadpool /7 falcon and many 1 , 2 o 3 3* chracters! Loki / Doom / Beast / L Mag / L storm / Colcouss. They are all good but useless as not enough cover to function
  • I think the solution to rotation could be having multiple types of gold tokens in which there are different 3* characters. Then, when you are opening a gold token, you would choose which type you want to open to have a chance for the character you want. Devs can arrange what percentage the 3* covers will drop from those tokens still but I prefer they also up those chances by quite a bit.
  • Agreed. I would up the pull rate of a 3* character up from the the 16.8% to maybe 20-30%. Maybe even the 40% pull rate from the Anniversary. But that is too much wishful thinking.

The idea of having an average 2 to 3 over 1 per 10 pack feels more assuring.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Why not make Heroics all 3 and 4 stars? Raise the price to 5000 HP per pack. They used to have packs like that for lightning rounds and it was how many of us got 3*s.

If transitioning players know they are going to get at least 3 or 4 -- and possibly many more -- useful covers, they will pay that higher price. With the sheer number of 3*s we now have, the odds are still slim that you'll get the exact cover you need. With the 4*s staying at 0.8%, with 31 3*s, the odds of any single 3* would be 3.1%, or a 1% chance of getting a specific cover.

Any concern about it making it easier for players to build 3* roster is mIsplaced. The game does not flood players with heroic tokens.

This should not impact players getting 2*s. People have plenty of ways of getting 2*s through standards and PVP match rewards.