Idea for endless matches - Training Room

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
There is few things that I'm missing in this game. Like ability to fight infinite opponents at your or lower level to earn Iso - closest we get it Simulation room and early PvP events, but that just keep increasing in levels till you're always facing 'greater or equal' force, and Lightning Rounds seed teams, but they aren't always on and weren't really designed for that methinks. In all of them you keep fighting 'good' heroes, never really seeing some weaker ones, while seeing other just tad too much. You could fight PvE nodes over and over, but they are set opponents and it just gets boring, not to mention 20 Iso is hardly worth it. And with last Team Up change, getting enough of them without being constantly fed from Alliance has become slight issue. So why not try something like this?

Training Room is event that have no time limit and is always open. It has no points or placement whatsoever, pick up and play whenever you have spare time/health (packs). 4 nodes are open.
1st Node have 3 random picked Heroes that are capped at level 50. To make it more varied, apart from 1*, it also can roll 2* with 10 covers, you might argue they may be weaker than 1* but that's ok, having something easier sometimes isn't a problem.
2nd Node, same, but is level 94 and picks from 2* and 3* pool. 3rd again, but 166 and from 3* and 4*. 4th node is special and features triple random 270 set of the day, unbeatable to most mortals but that's the point.

Beating lowbie node awards 25 Iso + 5 Iso bonus per previous fight on that level stacking up to 10 times, given maximum of 75 Iso per fight. Middle node awards 50 Iso + 10 bonus, so 150 Iso at best. High node is 75 + 15 bonus up to 225 Iso per fight. Skipping a node is always free, but also resets build up bonus stack on that node, giving you decision between fighting hard team or potentially missing hundreds of Iso regrinding bonus. Fourth 270 node is special and can't be skipped, you can fight it once per day and always award 1k Iso.

As with 99% forum ideas, of course it won't happen, but still... what do you guys think?

Comments

• I love it ! Besides, it would be easy to implement.

I hope you will get many thumbs up.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree mainly because the game atm forces you to play in a specific way that is really counter intuitive and grueling. Forcing players to play in some set routine is just bad design. Sometimes you want to sit and play for a few hours and there is no event, sometimes you would rather sleep but you have to grind out some PVE to get the new character that is featured in the next PVE and when you first join the game there is this story mode campaign that deceives you into what kind of game this is. This is not a pick up or put down when you want to play this is, PVP ending in 2 hours, better shield hop, PVE nodes need clearing when we determine them to be cleared, run out of health packs, better stop for 3 hours behind a shield. The whole PVE/ PVP design needs to be reworked. After the Thor4 event too many peeps were burnt out and wanted a break but they piled more events on top, at one point there was I think 2 PVE and 2 PVP and Shield and Lightning rounds on. That's fine to have that many as long as it is all the time but other times you pick up the game and there is absolutely nothing to play. At least if there were that many events all the time you could pick and chose what you want to play but this come and get 'em while their hot mentality needs to go.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a similar idea, but more of just no damage taken by you or opponent, so you can test out teams, with no detriment to health or health packs. But any new mode allows for gaining iso, I am in favor of.
  • bloafx69
    bloafx69 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    Boardroom%20Suggestiont%20t_zpshggmrscn.jpg
  • Whether it is this or some other way, they really need to accelerate the ISO rewards in this game.

I find myself constantly out of ISO. Every single day I'm scrounging because I have so many characters to level up.

I know early on in the 2 to 3 transitional phase, ISO is plentiful and covers are the limiting reagent.

But as you get into a top 100 alliance and consistently make top 25 or even top 5, you quickly begin to accumulate more covers than you could ever possibly level.

Right now, I have 5 fully covered 3 stars that are between level 100 and 166 and I have 10 fully covered 3 stars that are under level 100 and I have 6 more 3 stars that are within 2 covers of being fully covered and also under 100.

Just by doing an approximate ISO cost, I'm looking at 3.4 to 3.5 million ISO to max all these characters (one of them is IW).

That is ridiculous. They need some way to accelerate ISO accumulation.
  • I think this is a great idea - it would allow me to try out some of the 1-2 cover 3* that I won't be able to use competitively for quite some time. I also think your idea of a splash of ISO as a reward is just right (not too greedy and not the 20 ISO booby prize).

Excellent suggestion.
  • JustDan13
    Options
    I can't express how much I agree with this idea. It would allow for a gradual accumulation of ISO, without the stress of having to get it via timed events (where most of us quickly run out of viable opponents). The 20 ISO booby prize is fine, I guess, but I'm trying to level some 3* characters, and need amounts in the 80k iso range to do so. 80k / 20 per booby prize win = 4000 instances of prologue madness.

Give us something that will allow us to play on our schedule, as much or as little as we like, and accumulate ISO to keep up with the flood of new characters.