Thank you forum contributors

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm on day 305 of playing mpq and for the first 200 days I played very poorly. Then I discovered this magical place called the "forum." There is a lot of time and effort put into the information in here and I just wanted to Thank You

Comments

• homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    hey man you're welcome, oh wait I spend most of my time flaming. thanks to Nonce and Polarity and ... lol
  • hey man you're welcome, oh wait I spend most of my time trolling. thanks to Hail Mary and TheUnwiseOne and ... lol

I wouldn't have called this forum a magical place though icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This forum is way more civil and helpful than some other gaming communities I've been in. But maybe I just haven't delved deep enough yet. But after two years wasted playing Order and Chaos which at times made me fear for our worlds future, mpq feels like an oasis.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Smij75 wrote:
    This forum is way more civil and helpful than some other gaming communities I've been in. But maybe I just haven't delved deep enough yet. But after two years wasted playing Order and Chaos which at times made me fear for our worlds future, mpq feels like an oasis.

Heh, this. The forum here is very civil, don't be fooled by those tricksters above. icon_e_wink.gif
    Things get a bit feisty regarding 'hot topics' (such as pvp end times icon_lol.gif ), but even then, you'll see a heap of real discussion going on, rather than just 'ur l4m3, stfu'.

(Even the trolls are cute. Y'just wanna ruffle their hair and give them a warm drink... daw.)
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    hey man you're welcome, oh wait I spend most of my time trolling. thanks to Hail Mary and TheUnwiseOne and ... lol

How was Tahiti?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Smij75 wrote:
    This forum is way more civil and helpful than some other gaming communities I've been in. But maybe I just haven't delved deep enough yet. But after two years wasted playing Order and Chaos which at times made me fear for our worlds future, mpq feels like an oasis.

Oh God, I played Order and Chaos Duels for a good week before I relieved it was just a 'no'. icon_lol.gif
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    hey man you're welcome, oh wait I spend most of my time trolling. thanks to Hail Mary and TheUnwiseOne and ... lol

How was Tahiti?

I don't get the joke, sorry icon_cry.gif
  • Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reference. Coulson says "It's a magical place" of Tahiti a lot in the first season.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. reference. Coulson says "It's a magical place" of Tahiti a lot in the first season.

Right, Agent Coulson was killed by Loki but was brought back for agents of shield. Story was that he spent time recovering in Tahiti, so every time someone asked "How was Tahiti" Coulson would automatically reply "It is a magical place"

Not to get too far into spoiler land if you haven't watched the show but Coulson was never really in Tahiti and where he actually was is not a magical place.

Like the forums there is a lot of good and bad wrapped up all in one icon_e_smile.gif
  • Wazari
    Options
    Ditto.

New to the forum, new to the game, pretty good stuff!
  • The Tahiti reference made me laugh very nice. Gettinng too sick to play the last 36 hrs and falling out of top 150 of ISO brotherhood has not made me laugh.
  • yes thank you all for the guides and info. That transition guide especially helped saved a tremendous amount of time.