Weird occurrence

chaos01
chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I am playing the PVE, the node with rags, and forget about goon feeding. Suddenly "God-like" power hits and I think to myself "dammit this always starts some sort of cascade", the two middle columns disappear and... Nothing else happens, no cascade, and I think "wow that is like the first time in forever that has happened" Rags is only able to complete a match four green. Pretty good considering the next turn God-like farmed roughly 40 AP from the cascade. It was the first time I had ever seen a column fall with completely green AP.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 wrote:
    It was the first time I had ever seen a column fall with completely green AP.
    The odds of that are about 1 in 6 million, but hey, we've been assured tile drops are totally random icon_rolleyes.gif

(and yes, I've seen it too)
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Maybe im thinking about this wrong but each tile has a 1 in 7 chance of falling green. 16 tiles in 2 middle columns so 1:7 (16th power) is 1 in 33trillion. Am I wrong?
  • simonsez
    I thought he was saying 1 column, not 2
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Oh if its 1 column then yeah 1:6mil is right (5 and change anyway).
  • How many million drops have you seen since you have started playing ? icon_e_biggrin.gif

I've seen a complete red lately. Fortunately, it was mine.

I've also had a bad cascade yesterday against Colognoisseur. Then, it was Blue Thorina after Yellow Thorina, Xforce, Surgical strike, Purple Fury... My team was at max before that turn, and was killed in 1 turn after that.

So, nearly 40K damage done in 1 turn ! Nice (good for the Health Packs too...)
  • simonsez
    That's what happens when you tug on Superman's cape...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once saw a block of 9 yellows fall in a neat square as part of a victory cascade. But those are always ridiculous and flashy.