Save different team setups for story mode and versus mode

Hello community,

I play MPQ every day for several months now and there is an annoying "bug" in this awesome game that should be solved.

When you take part in a story event there are often two star characters that are boosted to high levels and therefore they are not only attractive to choose, but sometimes even necessary to have them in your team. So it happened more than once that I play with I team in the story event which I would never choose in a versus mode match.

If you are unlucky, you will be attacked while playing a story event from someone who plays versus matches. That's really annoying because you can't do anything about it. And if you forget to switch to the versus mode to set up your strong characters after having played story mode, you could lose a lot of hard earned points in versus mode as well.

There should be a possibility to save your team setup for both modes individually.

I hope you can fix this problem with one of the next updates.

Thanks and bye,
ChAoS_Traxi

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as I know, the game does this already. Your displayed team in PvP is the one you last won a match with in that particular tournament. It is quite possible to have different defensive teams in two different tournaments and a third in the SHIELD simulator. What teams you use in PvE has no effect on your PvP defense teams.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    As far as I know, the game does this already. Your displayed team in PvP is the one you last won a match with in that particular tournament. It is quite possible to have different defensive teams in two different tournaments and a third in the SHIELD simulator. What teams you use in PvE has no effect on your PvP defense teams.

Are you absolutely sure that this is the case? Has anyone actually tested this hypothesis, or are we all just parroting one another when we state and restate this? I asked a similar question not too long ago, and I got the same generic answer, but I'm still not 100% that this is the case. And I haven't seen it confirmed by devs anywhere either...
  • Quebbster
    san-mpq wrote:
    Are you absolutely sure that this is the case? Has anyone actually tested this hypothesis, or are we all just parroting one another when we state and restate this? I asked a similar question not too long ago, and I got the same generic answer, but I'm still not 100% that this is the case. And I haven't seen it confirmed by devs anywhere either...
    Sure? No. I believe I have seen someone from the staff mention that that is how it is supposed to work though, and I haven't seen anything that indicates otherwise.
  • I was surprised reading your statement. As I mentioned, I play the game every day for 8 or 9 months now and if there was a moment to realize, that the game saves different teams in different events I should have noticed it.
    I would be thankful to hear an opion of one of the devs or a moderator to figute out, if there is already an ingame function - which I didn't "activate" yet..?

When I play the "ISO-Brotherhood Story" atm and switch back to the "Gamorra PvP" my team is the same. The only difference is the character in the middle, which is replaced by Gamorra. So I can't agree with your statement.
  • Quebbster
    I was surprised reading your statement. As I mentioned, I play the game every day for 8 or 9 months now and if there was a moment to realize, that the game saves different teams in different events I should have noticed it.
    I would be thankful to hear an opion of one of the devs or a moderator to figute out, if there is already an ingame function - which I didn't "activate" yet..?

When I play the "ISO-Brotherhood Story" atm and switch back to the "Gamorra PvP" my team is the same. The only difference is the character in the middle, which is replaced by Gamorra. So I can't agree with your statement.
    The characters you see are the same, yes. That's not what your opponent sees though - they see the last team you won a match with in that particular tournament. At least that is my understanding. Just picking different lineups should have no effect on your defensive team.
    One thing that can be fun is to use a cookie-cutter team to go to fairly high points in PvP and then win one game with a weaker team. That definitely increases the number of attacks you get.
  • Quebbster
    Did some digging and found this thread:
    IceIX wrote:
    What we intend, and continue to drill in on is that we want players to have a broad mix of characters instead of a Top 3 that is their sole team to play with. In Versus this is a bit rougher of a prospect as players that battle have their last winning team placed on defense. So it's not always the best idea to fight with a less powerful defensive team in order to make up more points. That's something that we're always thinking about. We've discussed allowing players to set a defensive team, but with many other games out with similar versus situations this results in a very precise meta-game where an extremely large percentage of the user base chooses the same defenders. That's not a very fun time for most players.
    I think we can trust IceIX to know how the game works, don't you think? icon_e_wink.gif

EDIT: An even better quote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Can you please provide input as to how our defensive team is determined. There seems to have been a change to the system but no one seems to know how ones defensive team is created.
    Same as it always has. The team that you last used on offense for that particular Tournament is the team that is used on defense for that Tournament.

EDIT 2: And it keeps getting better as I go further back in time!
    IceIX wrote:
    Yoshimit wrote:
    Ice, this is not true.
    I used another team to play a prologue mission and guess what? I was defeated by a far weak player and when I enter the tournament to retaliate, the team was the one that I used on prologue.
    No cool.

This mean that I can't play other missions until the tournament ends.
    The last team you selected in any other mission is the one that is used for the initial selection for any other area, yes. The team set to defense is *not* necessarily the same as that.

Example:
    SHIELD Training - I fight with Wolverine, Invisible Woman, Storm. That's my defense team in there until I have another fight.
    Rage and Ruin - I fight with Spider-Man, Ares, and Juggernaut. My defense team is set here as well to this team. My team in SHIELD Training however is still Wolverine, IW, and Storm.
    I go to Prologue and start a battle with Venom, Juggernaut, and Daken. My defense team in the other two areas does not change.
    I go to SHIELD Training and start another battle. My initial selection is Venom, Juggernaut, and Daken, since I used them last and it's assumed you want to keep using the same team. Until I complete a battle in this mode however, the actual in-use defense team is still as above.
  • Thank you very much for the reply. I think I understand how it works now.
    But besides that, it would be nice to see the defending team when you switch between different events as well. Can't be that hard to realize? It could avoid a lot of confusion though...