10-pack pricing

Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So I'm sure it's been asked before, but i couldn't find a thread on it. Why does a 10 pack cost almost twice as much as 10 individual covers? I haven't taken the time to run it through a binomial distribution, but I doubt a 0.7% increase in the probability of pulling Thor is that significant over 10 draws. Maybe over 42...

Comments

• Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Single token costs 400 HP, 10 pack costs 4000 HP, daily deal price is once per day 200 HP reduction. If you go day by day getting single tokens is more 'valuableish', but people buying tokens are either a) not patient to wait for that or b) wealth enough they don't care.

Edit: buying covers -> buying tokens; buying covers is actually not that bad idea
  • Nivrax wrote:
    Single token costs 400 HP, 10 pack costs 4000 HP, daily deal price is once per day 200 HP reduction. If you go day by day getting single tokens is more 'valuableish', but people buying covers are either a) not patient to wait for that or b) wealth enough they don't care.

I would be very curious to know who is buying those packs, since we have so few guys saying they had bought one here...
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    I would be very curious to know who is buying those packs, since we have so few guys saying they had bought one here...
    Masses you don't see on forums, they drive most money on f2p apps (ever wondered how Candy Crush gets all that money even though there is no way to be whale there and all the time gate systems can be cheated via simple clock change?). Billy gets their 10 pack from 4000 season, which aparts from being 'nice reward' also doubles as bait-and-switch, gets couple of those shiny 3* covers and decide to buy another(s) to get the 'winninng' feeling rushing again.

And people on forums either know that it's not efficient way to spend HP (to say the least) or just don't talk about it unless they win really good. Why would they? 'Hey guys, I bought a lottery ticked and guess what? I lost! Exciting, huh?'.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    This forum is full of just as many "i bought 40 covers and I'll i got was bagman" stories, as their are good ones.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another wrinkle to the 10 packs that just occured to me - the cost of a 10 event pack is 50 points more than buying three covers for a 3*.

The only people who should buy 10 packs are those who are bad at math. Even if they're impatient they're better off buying the powers.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Another wrinkle to the 10 packs that just occured to me - the cost of a 10 event pack is 50 points more than buying three covers for a 3*.

The only people who should buy 10 packs are those who are bad at math. Even if they're impatient they're better off buying the powers.

The people who are buying these packs are the people who did not get the covers for that character in the first place in PvP / PvE, since these are the only ways to get them otherwise.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Getting nothing but 2* covers from the reward 10-packs for 3 seasons in a row has convinced me that I should never put any real money in this. Buy covers straight up...