homeinvasion
homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Working as Intended

yTbQJtb.jpg?1

Comments

• Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    You are at 500 points early on in a PvP when there are only a handful of people who are over 600. Yes, that is an imposing team, but there's not much MMR can do when there is such a small set of people you can queue. Would you rather it give you something worth 3 points instead?
  • Wow.... now this is when I actually use my deadpool points!!!!
  • homeinvasion
    Wow.... now this is when I actually use my deadpool points!!!!
    LOL you would need to get off Whales 3 times to clear out Xforce and Fury then only have Thor down to half way. Meanwhile they have death rainbow with at least one of your characters dying if they get:
    8 greentile.png
    10 redtile.png
    12 yellowtile.png
    11 blacktile.png
    12 purpletile.png
    10 bluetile.png
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    LOL you would need to get off Whales 3 times to clear out Xforce and Fury then only have Thor down to half way. Meanwhile they have death rainbow with at least one of your characters dying if they get:
    8 greentile.png
    10 redtile.png
    12 yellowtile.png
    11 blacktile.png
    12 purpletile.png
    10 bluetile.png

Deadpool points= instakill, regardless of HP
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    I just beat Harada's team with 305 4Thor (524 covers), 270 X-Force, and 250 Fury. The key to beating it is to take advantage of the triple-AP you get from charged tiles and deny red to 4Thor. With her on the board at high level, X-Force's black steals all the red tiles. With only four blue right now, I try to get two blue on the board before I use red. To do that, I either look to match blue early or I use blue on one AI and then hope to triple-match it so I can use blue again. That stuns the AI

In the match against Harada, I took out X-Force first, using Fury's purple (from a very purple heavy board) and then X-Force's green (which I collected mainly from 4-tile purple matches), and match damage (with Fury's strike tile), while trying to collect black and picking up blue on the way. X-Force's black removed all the red tiles from the board. I then got a couple of good blue matches, so I stunned both 4Thor and Fury. When I triggered 4Thor's red, it did 13k damage to her. That left a lot of charged tiles on the board, so I triple matched red and yellow. I stunned Fury with the yellow (since I had more than five blue) and took our 4Thor with a second red match. Then I matched a few green and took out Fury while he was still stunned.

I am curious about how that team works on defense. I wonder if it will prioritize Fury's blue over 4Thor's. One of the weaknesses I've seen so far is that the AI plays 4Thor's blue way too early. It allows you to match her tiles -- getting the advantage of triple AP -- and your red can work from the AI's charged tiles as much as her own. In one match, 4Thor played blue twice while I denied her red. I never had to collect blue because the AI placed so many tiles for me.
  • homeinvasion
    Id much rather 2 turns of stun over demolition no question.
  • The AI is very unlikely to save up for an ability that costs 1 more, so 9/10 is a very bad mix assuming you'd always prefer Demolition on defense over Power Surge. If the attacking team is not running AP steal (which might as well be The Hood at this level), 9 is overwhelmingly the most likely 3 match AP result (AP steal tends to lead to AP totals that aren't multiple of 3). Note that if the AP cost were 8/9 instead, it'd be overwhelmingly more likely for the 9 AP move to be used with no AP steal, and in that case this would be a very effective defense.

With the way the AI plays Power Surge it is very likely for them to hand the game to you even when they've the upper hand. Sure if they do Power Surge and drop a huge cascade then you're dead, but you're usually dead anyway against a major cascade against someone in the 4* range.
  • Wow.... now this is when I actually use my deadpool points!!!!

How great would it be to see the look on this person's face when they find that they got beat by a lvl 1 Yelena/lvl 15 Bagman/Lvl 40 Deadpool?
  • I just beat Harada's team with 305 4Thor (524 covers), 270 X-Force, and 250 Fury. The key to beating it is to take advantage of the triple-AP you get from charged tiles and deny red to 4Thor. With her on the board at high level, X-Force's black steals all the red tiles. With only four blue right now, I try to get two blue on the board before I use red. To do that, I either look to match blue early or I use blue on one AI and then hope to triple-match it so I can use blue again. That stuns the AI

Let me rephrase that for all of us 99.99%ers out here.

]I just beat Harada's team with 305 4Thor (524 covers), 270 X-Force, and 250 Fury. The key to beating it is 305 4Thor (524 covers), 270 X-Force, and 250 Fury
  • Fievel wrote:

How great would it be to see the look on this person's face when they find that they got beat by a lvl 1 Yelena/lvl 15 Bagman/Lvl 40 Deadpool?

Would be funny but unlikely because of the low health all three would have, Given Thor is at lvl 405, any match she makes would almost certainly kill Yelena and bagman. Deadpool might survive for a bit, but long enough to get all the purples for whales to use those deadpool points? With AP buff, maybe; without, I dunno

However as reckless has stated, Thor's blue and yellow abilities giving charged tiles are actually a double edged sword. They can hurt you as a much as the opposing team. So there are other ways of actually dealing with this team, but deadpool points + whales would certainly be the fastest way to get rid of the team.

We seen from the recent story event that mystique can actually be quite devastating on her own once she gets a couple of cascades going especially against red/yellow/green heavy teams, I could see a Mystique/Deadpool/X Force team giving that team a serious run of its money,
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    We seen from the recent story event that mystique can actually be quite devastating on her own once she gets a couple of cascades going
    I think it's the double goons feeding her AP that are making her devastating, not cascades. In the nodes where there's only one goon, she doesn't seem to do much of anything.
  • She isn't doing much of anything because she's controlled by AI. If she was player controlled, I've had some bad nights made by her "randomly" throwing down a Shapeshift tile prior to hitting me with Masterstroke. Maxed, she does 7K+ with 5 blackflag.png That's nothing to sneeze at, especially when a player controlled character can throw that down pretty quick with boosts and infiltration.
  • I managed to take down homeinvasion just a while ago, my thor lived with 112 hp left but hey a win is a win. Also playing this tourney without a blue cover is painful, that is all.
  • homeinvasion
    I managed to take down homeinvasion just a while ago, my thor lived with 112 hp left but hey a win is a win. Also playing this tourney without a blue cover is painful, that is all.
    that Patch/ Thor combo is good hey. Im lovin it. too bad our bracket is full of 4 star teams
  • Keep storm with you and wait for thoress to throw her charged tiles. Then clean the board with storm and earn tons of AP. That's if everything does not go south with AI cascades of doom.
  • I just beat Harada's team with 305 4Thor (524 covers), 270 X-Force, and 250 Fury. The key to beating it is to take advantage of the triple-AP you get from charged tiles and deny red to 4Thor. With her on the board at high level, X-Force's black steals all the red tiles. With only four blue right now, I try to get two blue on the board before I use red. To do that, I either look to match blue early or I use blue on one AI and then hope to triple-match it so I can use blue again. That stuns the AI

In the match against Harada, I took out X-Force first, using Fury's purple (from a very purple heavy board) and then X-Force's green (which I collected mainly from 4-tile purple matches), and match damage (with Fury's strike tile), while trying to collect black and picking up blue on the way. X-Force's black removed all the red tiles from the board. I then got a couple of good blue matches, so I stunned both 4Thor and Fury. When I triggered 4Thor's red, it did 13k damage to her. That left a lot of charged tiles on the board, so I triple matched red and yellow. I stunned Fury with the yellow (since I had more than five blue) and took our 4Thor with a second red match. Then I matched a few green and took out Fury while he was still stunned.

I am curious about how that team works on defense. I wonder if it will prioritize Fury's blue over 4Thor's. One of the weaknesses I've seen so far is that the AI plays 4Thor's blue way too early. It allows you to match her tiles -- getting the advantage of triple AP -- and your red can work from the AI's charged tiles as much as her own. In one match, 4Thor played blue twice while I denied her red. I never had to collect blue because the AI placed so many tiles for me.

It also seems the AI does not prioritize matching charged tiles over non-charged tiles.