The Deadliest Temp Comp I have ever experienced

Options
Phaserhawk
Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
This might be the most nightmare build I have ever gone against.

Black Widow (Original)
Spiderman (Classic)
Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

In this comp
Spiderman
Wolverine
Spiderman
Spiderman
Wolverine
Black Widow

You will have early attacks with Wolverine and green, building strike tiles, Any purple match will start to feed black widow, while spiderman creates defense tiles. Once a 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 black widow gets her 11 purple, you will never trigger another ability, spiderman will lock you down, widow steals your ap, both her and spiderman can mass heal, and wolverine is creating strike tiles, which if black widow gets an open black tile match she will destroy you. constant spiderman stuns, constant heals, damage increases, defensive increase, and AP control, yeah, this is the worst I have seen

Comments

• That's an interesting combo, but my target priority is generally
    - OBW
    - Spiderman
    - Wolverine

OBW is the squishiest, and if you take her out of the equation before she can shoot off her agressive recon, the odds are much more balanced. It keeps you in the game with utilizing your skills, but you'll still have the

On offense though? Very annoying.
  • Yep I stumbled across one of these this morning. Thought it would be an easy victory because they weren't very high level but nope! They work very well together. Caught me sleeping on the job
  • Haha yeah, I got smacked by this combo as well.

I wasn't happy.
  • That's what I run in free for alls
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    remylebeau wrote:
    That's an interesting combo, but my target priority is generally
    - OBW
    - Spiderman
    - Wolverine

OBW is the squishiest, and if you take her out of the equation before she can shoot off her agressive recon, the odds are much more balanced. It keeps you in the game with utilizing your skills, but you'll still have the

On offense though? Very annoying.

agreed, yet it always seems that A. the AI always gets purple matches, and B. they always get a ridiculous amount of enviormental tiles, to take 100 damage for 5 AP and then just go off
  • Phaserhawk wrote:

B. they always get a ridiculous amount of enviormental tiles, to take 100 damage for 5 AP and then just go off

This is why I avoid the forest level
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I run Cap as my tank w/ Thor and Wolverine. When you start with 6 red, 6 green, you can spam feral claws 2x and Mjolnir's might (now doing a minimum of 1350 dmg) before they get their first turn.

If you can line up some more reds first; make feral claws pop more boost tiles, it gets even worse. Cap's there to absorb damage, and use the yellow that Thor spams.

It costs 19 yellow to do Cap's ability, but you already started with 6. Strategically placing 4 yellows easily gets you a five-in-a-row, or 4 matches. Suddenly you've dropped 2-4k dmg and have gotten the yellows back to do Thor's yellow ability.

You can put down a level 100 Daken / Venom / Ragnarok before they start stunning your team. I will be running this until they nerf Wolverine / Thor; the opposite of what they should be doing.

They should be raising character levels. They should be boosting characters instead of nerfing the good ones. I'd have kept OBW, Juggernaut, or built Venom if they had more abilities or hit lvl 85.
  • Very few teams have redundant purple/blue abilities (mostly because it rarely makes sense to do so), which means if OBW dies before she does Aggressive Recon, her contribution to the team is negative because you'd have wasted some of your matches on blue/purple tiles that are now useless. Spiderman is a hard counter for himself (because you just let the other Spiderman set up web tiles and then you clean up with your own stuns). Against this team just make sure you pick up at least one blue match (so you can stun their Spiderman after he's done the work of putting down web tiles), and pay a bit more attention to purple tiles than usual.

I find Spiderman and OBW tends to completely dominated on defense, as in two teams with the exact composition that feature one (or both) of these characters will always beat its mirror easily.

There's no clean way to deal with Spiderman without your own Spiderman. He is probably one of the most powerful character, and his strongest counter is himself.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Very few teams have redundant purple/blue abilities"

Marvel Now! Mags and Spider-Man pair extremely well, actually. Spidy matches the purples, generating protect tiles. It feeds Magneto's (place blue tiles at locations of your choosing) ability. This in turn feeds Spidy's webs.

Put a tank in like Ares to absorb damage and go OFF on people.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    This team comp is so annoying to play against. I have to save up some AP for a couple attacks because of the heals, but then my AP gets stolen in huge chunks! icon_e_sad.gif
  • I really don't find OBW's Aggressive Recon to be that big of a deal once you remember that purple is actually a valuable commodity when the other team has OBW. I know I forget that all the time and get burned, but in theory, it's not supposed to be hard to remember! The heals aren't a big deal because OBW doesn't heal enough by herself, and Spiderman tends to heal at completely irrelevent times on defense.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    This might be the most nightmare build I have ever gone against.

Black Widow (Original)
    Spiderman (Classic)
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)

In this comp
    Spiderman
    Wolverine
    Spiderman
    Spiderman
    Wolverine
    Black Widow

You will have early attacks with Wolverine and green, building strike tiles, Any purple match will start to feed black widow, while spiderman creates defense tiles. Once a 5/3/5 or 5/5/3 black widow gets her 11 purple, you will never trigger another ability, spiderman will lock you down, widow steals your ap, both her and spiderman can mass heal, and wolverine is creating strike tiles, which if black widow gets an open black tile match she will destroy you. constant spiderman stuns, constant heals, damage increases, defensive increase, and AP control, yeah, this is the worst I have seen

This is almost my combo but i prefer a 3/5/5 OBW with higher lvl than spiderman, the double damage is insane with wolverine's strike tiles, also matching purples steal ap and create protect tiles. As a bonus matching blue potentially is a double stun.
  • The worse fight i've done is against Storm & Venom. Kind of strange team but this time IA was lucky as hell & when these two have a lot of AP... You can't play no more.
    Even at low levels these two have destroyed my entire team, i could no more played, they spam Red & Green to generate AP more than enough, and venom kept giving his team free turn with his purple.

So today i think twice before i'm about to fight them !