We Gave Up (Good Bye Everyone!)

Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Yes, I did. My gf did, too.

We couldn't take it anymore and sold all our roster (except lady thor) and spent it on standart cards and finished everything.

We did this because of neverending pve and unbalanced pvp. Don't get us wrong, we're not usually complaintive players because rage is fun in games. But not this one. We got lady thor with whole covers, we've spent $$ and all but it's getting nonsense nowadays. From now on I don't give a damn what Marvel Puzzle Quest do. We can taste Marvel Universe in comic books.

And hey! We do have a life, right? We have books to read, movies to watch...

So, good bye everyone! Have a great time. Enjoy what you're doing! healthpack.pnghealthpack.pnghealthpack.png

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cya later~
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your presence will be missed on the forum. You almost averaged a post a day.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Post Deleted. Please use common sense when thinking about what to post. -Riggy
  • Take care buddy!!

*whispers* -who was that?-
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    " ~Edgy Sarcastic Post~ "
  • Epic "slightly perturbed" quit. Move over Emeryt.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Take care....

I don't see the purpose of doing the whole rage quit thing though. I'm referring to character deletion and not creating a forum thread about leaving. This is an ever changing game. MPQ of one year ago was a completely different game than it is now (for better or for worse depending on your perspective). The game continues to change with time as well.

It strikes me as odd to just delete what may have been 1000's of hours of effort. Why not just leave and if you decide to revisit the game in 6-24 months then MAYBE the changes will be more to your liking. If the game was no longer being supported than mass account deletion would make more sense to me.
  • babinro wrote:
    Take care....

I don't see the purpose of doing the whole rage quit thing though. I'm referring to character deletion and not creating a forum thread about leaving. This is an ever changing game. MPQ of one year ago was a completely different game than it is now (for better or for worse depending on your perspective). The game continues to change with time as well.

It strikes me as odd to just delete what may have been 1000's of hours of effort. Why not just leave and if you decide to revisit the game in 6-24 months then MAYBE the changes will be more to your liking. If the game was no longer being supported than mass account deletion would make more sense to me.

Agreed, but I also don't see the point of posting a good bye in the forum. Personally I plan on just fading out.
  • dragma wrote:

Agreed, but I also don't see the point of posting a good bye in the forum. Personally I plan on just fading out.

It's better to burn out
    Then to fade away
    My my hey hey
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    by babinro » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:14 am
    Absolutely agree with you. Game is far from polished and there are many changes ongoing. I have thought of quitting too, but I am somehow holding on to see the direction this takes.
  • lukewin wrote:
    Your presence will be missed on the forum. You almost averaged a post a day.

No no no.. you're way off.. he averaged a post every TWO months... And I have no clue who that was... anyone? Were we supposed to care? Just curious...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
  • Dont let the door hit you where the goddess used mjolnir to split you
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    We couldn't take it anymore and sold all our roster (except lady thor) and spent it on standart cards and finished everything.

I hope you enjoy those http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_yacht_Standart cards. I wish you luck in pulling an engine room or mahogany paneling card - I'm still missing those two, dang it! Curse you, Burmeister & Wain booster pack!!!

Heh just having fun with an obscure bit of history trivia inexplicably lodged in my brain. Nothing to see here, move one! Best of luck, Marvelo!
  • Sleepy72
    Sleepy72 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I can see the end for me too new slots costing 800hp continual nerfs and tweaks that seem to punish people who have taken alot of time/money to get a combo/character build just right then it gets changed and weeks of effort turns into a **** character that needs to wait a month or 2 to respec it to be remoely useful. Devs you change a character you should give the option to respec 2 points free or sell for 2/3s iso hp return on covers levels built up this last sale was the first one in a while I didn't bother getting a stark salary package because I like many others who do spend money on this game can see an end to my playing it.