Improving Forum Servers (12/03/14) *Updated

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi folks,

A quick post to let you know that we will be updating and improving the D3 Forums servers tomorrow morning (12/03/14).

You may have noticed some slow loading pages and unintended downtimes in recent days and we are hoping to correct these issues with the new upgrade. We don't expect any outages with the change-over tomorrow but we wanted to give some warning in case we experience any issues.

Thanks for making the forums a fun (and busy) place to be!

*Update: (12/04/14)
    As you may have noticed, even after our recent upgrade we are still experiencing occasional slow loading and unintended downtimes. We are continuing to look into the issues and expect to make further upgrades and fixes soon. Thanks for hanging in there with us.

Comments

• I hope you give those hamsters to a good home.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are we updating the forum software? icon_e_surprised.gif

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm kinda a forum nerd.
  • 23ICOhn.jpg?3

I was about to make a thread about how wobbly the forum have been last couple of days then I saw this.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Might be a good time to install TAPATALK or related software?

Most of us play MPQ on smart phone, I believe, and this forum is not smart phone browser friendly at all.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,307 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glad to see this. I was getting the time outs quite frequently.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    Are we updating the forum software? icon_e_surprised.gif

I don't know if I mentioned this, but I'm kinda a forum nerd.

Hi,

We're just improving the servers right now. Updating the forum software and adding functionality is on our list of things we want to do but we're proceeding cautiously there. We don't want to break anything just yet.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    futongus wrote:
    I hope you give those hamsters to a good home.

Who says they're leaving?

D3P is upgrading the hardware; adding more wheels and having a lady coming in to clean the cages once a week is still upgrading the hardware. icon_e_wink.gif
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    futongus wrote:
    I hope you give those hamsters to a good home.

Who says they're leaving?

D3P is upgrading the hardware; adding more wheels and having a lady coming in to clean the cages once a week is still upgrading the hardware. icon_e_wink.gif
    Given how site has been behaving lately I would say half hamsters are dead and rotting and other half is drunk.
  • Is there an update? I have had more forum crashes today than in the last week.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    Options
    *Update: (12/04/14)
      As you may have noticed, even after our recent upgrade we are still experiencing occasional slow loading and unintended downtimes. We are continuing to look into the issues and expect to make further upgrades and fixes soon. Thanks for hanging in there with us.
  • Yeah, this is going real well.
  • Wow! Forums where down for more than an hour. I guess the new hamsters are lazy.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    I've created a thread in Gen asking people to post any error messages they receive. It is located here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19990
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Common guys, this is getting ridicolous. U should use Cloudflare if abusive traffic is causig the outagr. It would also stop forum spam...
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Common guys, this is getting ridicolous. U should use Cloudflare if abusive traffic is causig the outagr. It would also stop forum spam...

The 5xx errors that everyone is experiencing are server-side errors. It's pretty unlikely it has to do with malicious traffic.

I don't have access to any details to say why it started acting up, but like I said, it's pretty unlikely to be malicious traffic. You wouldn't be getting a response (aka an error message) if there was, say, a DDoS attack or some other flooding/packet attack.
  • Working much better for me today, if that helps.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Still buggy for me. Last night, 8:30 pm PST and now this morning, 7:30 am PST I am getting internet connection error, but my internet is just fine, thankyouverymuch. "Intermittent issues" for sure! icon_mad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • Y'all are killing me... put in HOURS UPON HOURS of work in this PvE been riding top 5 rank the whole way through and now it's all been wasted. Damn 'Check Internet' msg has me raging. A waste of time becomes so much more obvious when that time is actually wasted.
  • GothicKratos
    Options
    Working much better for me today, if that helps.

I haven't had any issues on the forums either. I didn't have any yesterday, as well.

===
    BlupoUNC wrote:
    Y'all are killing me... put in HOURS UPON HOURS of work in this PvE been riding top 5 rank the whole way through and now it's all been wasted. Damn 'Check Internet' msg has me raging. A waste of time becomes so much more obvious when that time is actually wasted.
    Kaazz wrote:
    Still buggy for me. Last night, 8:30 pm PST and now this morning, 7:30 am PST I am getting internet connection error, but my internet is just fine, thankyouverymuch. "Intermittent issues" for sure! icon_mad.gificon_e_sad.gif

This is a thread regarding forum updates/upgrades, please keep this discussion in the right area. There's a thread located here;

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20078

I know it sucks, but complaining in a topic that has nothing to do with what you're complaining about doesn't help anything.