Decided to gamble 20$ for a chance at 4* Thor.

13»

Comments

• arktos1971 wrote:
    Agreed. My major complaint in the ragequit post was about our health and sleep mostly.

When I put such a big amount of money anywhere, I am buying a service. And therefore, if I have complaints, I voice them out. And that is normal, I am a customer.

I would not think Lame Thor would be featured so quickly in a PvP and in the current PvE, which makes the situation even worse for those who chose to sleep.

The health/sleep issue is legitmate and I certainly spoke quite a few times about how I think the schedule is messed up, but I finished #2 on the last PvE events so it's not like I can backup my stance. I think the problem with these issues is that it's basically saying 'this game is too addicting for my health', which is a legitmate concern but as a company D3 is in no hurry to find a slightly less addictive alternative. Basically right now your only threat is a few guys who take the game way too seriously burn themselves out, but if you look at the amount of grind in Rocket & Groot you can be pretty sure there are plenty of guys who will be willing to take their place. Sure this can turn out to be a net loss, but you really don't want to implement some kind of bad solution to the health/sleep issue and just end up with everyone not interested in the game at all. Based on my observation from the MMORPG genre, although people complain about any crazy grinds, without it people start wondering 'where did everyone else go' and may abandon the game. That is, suppose you've a normal time slot PvP event ending with #1 at 700 and #2 at 500 and this is a bracket that has plenty of time for score to climb. While in theory that should not be any different than if the #1 is 1700 and #2 is 1500, and based on the forum we'd think this would be a very good thing for the little guy. What is likely to happen is a guy is going to see this score and say, "Last month that score wouldn't even get top 100 but now it's #1? People must be quitting this game!" People complain about the crazies, but if they're all gone you'll be seeing people wondering where did all the crazies go and whether this means the game is dying, so I can understand D3 isn't in a hurry to try to eliminate the crazy behavior we see in both PvP and PvE.
  • A couple friends got a thoress's cover in the 1pack, 200 HP. they tried again, of course, but not that much luck as expected.

And while we are talking about odds, I just got a 10-heroic pack for 4k season score, and the draws were, in this exact order:

mHawk purple
    ares red
    aWolvie green
    sentry red
    mohawk yellow
    hulk red
    falcon purple
    aWolvie red
    mags MN red
    ms marvel black

Pretty sweet if you ask me, as I needed every single of those rares. Also the fresh cut token gave me a Psy red, and now she's 322.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    You know that if it weren't because people like you, spending hundreds of dollars in a lottery, they would never have got the skewed, almost absurd impression that players prefer randomness with low odds than certainty of positive outcome.

... and many people could not play this game, because they are strict F2P.

You completely missed my point there. If they had not got that skewed perspective on heroic token rewards, they would have worked towards perhaps fairer ways of getting a bit of money from everybody than relying on whales to take the brunt of the expenditure. Once they saw hard evidence that gambling whales >>>>> everybody paying a bit for guaranteed outcomes, there was no going back.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Ima make peeps hate me here, got 3 from the PVE, bought 2 tokens = 400HP got 2 red!!

got a blue one from the progress rewards as well.

6 covers for 400HP seems like a good deal.

Only time the token system has worked out for me. NB I have twice in the past bought a 42 pack and got zero gold tokens so this kinda pays me back,
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Ima make peeps hate me here, got 3 from the PVE, bought 2 tokens = 400HP got 2 red!!

Only time the token system has worked out for me. NB I have twice in the past bought a 42 pack and got zero gold tokens so this kinda pays me back,
    Does this mean that you are going to stop complaining about OP 4* characters, now? Because that would be a good deal.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

Does this mean that you are going to stop complaining about OP 4* characters, now? Because that would be a good deal.
    no it means I got a good deal so then I spent $100 and bought the rest of her covers so now I have all the 4 stars max covered. Not going to leveling them past 166 though.
  • I got 2 lady thor covers in a 42 pack
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    And while we are talking about odds, I just got a 10-heroic pack for 4k season score, and the draws were, in this exact order:

mHawk purple
    ares red
    aWolvie green
    sentry red
    mohawk yellow
    hulk red
    falcon purple
    aWolvie red
    mags MN red
    ms marvel black

Pretty sweet if you ask me, as I needed every single of those rares.

Oh, so you are the one where the 3*s from my last 3 season 10-packs went to.
    Well; good to know they were found by someone, atleast... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tokens HAVE to change. They are a complete rip off. If you buy a token, in 99% of the cases you will be wasting your money. Probabilities of 3* and 4* need to rise.

Maybe we should start a campaign "Don't buy tokens" until devs start raising probabilities...
  • Think you'll find a fair few in the forums are f2p. Just that the masses aren't and that is where the money is.

Me? F2P these days and pulled 4*Thor from tokens on consecutive days. Very, very lucky yes, but it shows it can happen without blowing loads of cash on **** odds.