Rocket + Groot

Options
h4n1s
h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I had a chance during last PVP to test fighting against that duo-char. At level 140 (all three colors). OMG! That was something!

I was going to the fight with XForce (lvl 209) + Hulk (lvl 150) + featured Groot (lvl 60). The fight ended as win for me, but with only 260 health left on my Hulk. If it wasn't for his anger (which granted me 26 green AP in that round!!), I'd definitely lose that fight in next round.

The fact is - his 2 companions were Black panther and LThor (both around level 130). I took them down relatively smoothly. But then weird thing happened. R+G's blue countdown went off, created 3x209 damage strike tiles, then his green went off in the same round, causing mini cascade which downed my XForce and severely damaged by R+G...and so on... When it almost felt I got them in next turn, they matched yellow, reviving insanely over 2000 health and created yet another blue countdown tile.... Long story short - never underestimate those two! Incredibly strong on defense, I like it!

When they were introduced I was worried that we have some new Doc Ock or Beast in game (in terms of how worthless those new characters are), but no, this piece seems to be as one of the solid ones! Good job on balancing that character D3!

Comments

• homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree the last three characters have been playable. Groot/ Blade Mystique have all been good, unfortunately before that there is a long list of unplayable (beast/ collosus/ cap marvel/ doc oc etc) and the overarching problem of Xforce being so over the top Op that no other character is worth having.
  • h4n1s
    Options
    I agree the last three characters have been playable. Groot/ Blade Mystique have all been good, unfortunately before that there is a long list of unplayable (beast/ collosus/ cap marvel/ doc oc etc) and the overarching problem of Xforce being so over the top Op that no other character is worth having.

Well as XForce is a 4* I agree that he needs to be better than usual 3* char. What I do however believe is that there are combos, yet to be revealed. XForce is strong and in synergy with lot of characters but think of Groot and Hood combo for example, I believe we will see much more of those combinations during 2015 and XForce will not dominate anymore.
  • homeinvasion
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:

Well as XForce is a 4* I agree that he needs to be better than usual 3* char. What I do however believe is that there are combos, yet to be revealed. XForce is strong and in synergy with lot of characters but think of Groot and Hood combo for example, I believe we will see much more of those combinations during 2015 and XForce will not dominate anymore.
    To an extent yes, but you HAVE to deny Xforce black or you are losing a peep and letting him have a second free ability
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    R&G looks to be a good one to play along with Blade and Mystique. I like his yellow. There were a few battles in the pve when he was the last one standing and his yellow replenished his bealth and his blue and green helped win the battle. Also had a few instances where wolvie was taken down by Mystique and all i had was a badly wounded falcon and Grocket. Falcon's yellow and Grocket's blue strike tiles were a godsend

Now i just need to get them covered...
  • homeinvasion
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:
    R&G looks to be a good one to play along with Blade and Mystique. I like his yellow. There were a few battles in the pve when he was the last one standing and his yellow replenished his bealth and his blue and green helped win the battle. Also had a few instances where wolvie was taken down by Mystique and all i had was a badly wounded falcon and Grocket. Falcon's yellow and Grocket's blue strike tiles were a godsend

his yellow is situation-ally great a 10K peep that keeps on keeping on. Even better with hood f you start the game on 20% health, one yellow match you are gaining mucho AP steal. But the 25% threshold is really low and i find he oft dies before you find a yellow match, great character I just wish the yellow passive was higher like 50%
  • h4n1s
    Options
    h4n1s wrote:

To an extent yes, but you HAVE to deny Xforce black or you are losing a peep and letting him have a second free ability

Hood and good strategy in board management perfectly denies his black.

Nevertheless, XForce is not that much scary defender to be honest, I rarely skip a team which holds him and has over 35 points. Usually I take OBW to my team and focus on gathering purple to slow him down by Aggresive recon, as my Hood is missing few blue covers to be respected counter to him yet.
  • Unknown
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I rarely, if ever, lose to a team with X-Force on defence... as long as I take Hood with me and deny his black. He really isn't that scary when you can focus fire on him. One of the most annoying pairings vs defending X-Force is probably Deadpool because of his Life of the Party ability.

As for the topic, yeah I found R&G to be a decent mid-tier 3* due to his blue and yellow. Once I max him I can see myself using him with Patch and Daken on the 0-700 pvp grind purely due to his Yellow. At full health (10k ish) that 25% is a reasonable window in which to match yellow - anything more would be a little too strong imo. The strong damage from his blue combined with choice of countdown placement makes it a very viable damage generator for longer battles.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oldboy wrote:

his yellow is situation-ally great a 10K peep that keeps on keeping on. Even better with hood f you start the game on 20% health, one yellow match you are gaining mucho AP steal. But the 25% threshold is really low and i find he oft dies before you find a yellow match, great character I just wish the yellow passive was higher like 50%

As a player with him on my team i would love it if the % was higher. But just imagine if you have to face him in PVE or Gauntlet or even in PVP. With 5 Yellows taking him down wld require a concentration of damage to make sure the AI doesnt match yellow the next round. I think 25% is a fair limit. 50% wld be too much especially at high levels