When to Sell Covers, When to Make Backups...

Options
So I have a few open slots for covers. I also have a 5/5/3, level 39 Iron Man Model 35. I have sold off a bunch of spare Iron Man covers to get the measly Iso from it, but recently I have been thinking that I should start keeping the extras to start building a backup Iron Man for when the other is healing. The problem is I really do not have any spare Iso, although I do have the space. I have also been selling of all my other 1*s, other than a powered up Storm and Iron Man. Thoughts on this, or the general idea of what to sell and what not to sell?

Comments

• I don't know which way you want to play the game, I myself am a collector so i want all covers. If you do that then you will come soon to the point where you don't have covers to spare for seconds. And i think if you are, on the other hand, someone to brute force yourself through with a few high level chars you don't have the ISO to level seconds. So either way I would recommend selling every extra cover. You can also swap teams if you have a lot of different covers and can learn a lot of playstyles and don't have to do the same "Repulsor Blast, pui pui" all day long icon_e_wink.gif
  • So I have a few open slots for covers. I also have a 5/5/3, level 39 Iron Man Model 35. I have sold off a bunch of spare Iron Man covers to get the measly Iso from it, but recently I have been thinking that I should start keeping the extras to start building a backup Iron Man for when the other is healing. The problem is I really do not have any spare Iso, although I do have the space. I have also been selling of all my other 1*s, other than a powered up Storm and Iron Man. Thoughts on this, or the general idea of what to sell and what not to sell?

I agree with Mommson and just want to add a few points (all my opinion, btw so anyone is welcome to disagree):

1) While Iron Man is my favorite current cover and the one I've played the most, there are other, better covers out there currently and bound to be more on the way. I would sell your extras and use that ISO for other covers rather than spend it building up another Iron Man and you will likely get bored and/or wish you'd invested that time/iso/hp better down the road
    2) Building up two different characters (instead of two of the same Iron Man), means you have two strong covers to bring into a match (in theory if the tournament allows it) instead of two strong covers that you can only ever use one at a time. You will get far better results this way than with identical covers.
    3) There is really no wrong way to play this game; if you're having fun (and not cheating of course) then that's all that matters. With that said, remember that even if you don't particularly like a certain cover, you never know when you'll need it for a specific tournament. The previous 1 star tournament caught a lot of power players with their proverbial pants down because they had sold all their "weaker" covers and only had 2+ star covers built up, none of which they could use in the tournament. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I agree with the above posts, it's way better to spend your ISO leveling up two different characters rather than leveling a back-up or different build. ISO is hard enough to come by. If you finished leveling all your characters and still have leftover Iso, I suggest that you just save it for when you have a new character to level up. It's better to have a variety of characters for the various tournaments since you will never be able to use two of the same character at once
  • Interesting. The more I thought about it, the more sure I was that I should not have sold off all of my spare Iron Man covers. The 1,300 Iso you could get for selling the covers compared to a second Iron Man at full powers... It would seem to me that in the long run, a second Iron Man would be more valuable. A second, powered up Iron man would be great for me right now, so I could swap them while the other is healing. I don't have much to do with my Iso at this point, other than level Iron Man up some more (he is 39 now). Well, I guess in the long run, a 1* Iron Man will just get less and less useful as more powerful covers come out, and the Iso investment to level up that second Iron Man would be substantial... Perhaps a second Iron Man isn't quite as good as it sounded in my head.

Well, with the recent one-star event, maybe I will start working on other 1* and 2* characters instead.
  • Interesting. The more I thought about it, the more sure I was that I should not have sold off all of my spare Iron Man covers. The 1,300 Iso you could get for selling the covers compared to a second Iron Man at full powers... It would seem to me that in the long run, a second Iron Man would be more valuable. A second, powered up Iron man would be great for me right now, so I could swap them while the other is healing. I don't have much to do with my Iso at this point, other than level Iron Man up some more (he is 39 now). Well, I guess in the long run, a 1* Iron Man will just get less and less useful as more powerful covers come out, and the Iso investment to level up that second Iron Man would be substantial... Perhaps a second Iron Man isn't quite as good as it sounded in my head.

Well, with the recent one-star event, maybe I will start working on other 1* and 2* characters instead.

If/when you get 3+star covers it costs a TON of Iso to level them up, so anything spent on a second Iron Man seems like a waste. If you can get your hands on Thor you should work on him and use him to replace Iron Man. He has most of the same colors but is a lot stronger
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    If/when you get 3+star covers it costs a TON of Iso to level them up, so anything spent on a second Iron Man seems like a waste. If you can get your hands on Thor you should work on him to replace Iron Man. He has most of the same colors but is a lot stronger

I actually have a Thor. He is decent, and leveled as far as I can at this point, but my Iron Man far outshines him at the moment (I know once I get more Thor covers, that will change). Thanks for the advice, everyone. I will forget about a second 1* Iron Man.
  • I was also favouring my iron man over thor. That was a huge mistake. Train him a bit more and you'll forget all about iron man. Heck I got him benched most of the time now.
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    I was also favouring my iron man over thor. That was a huge mistake. Train him a bit more and you'll forget all about iron man. Heck I got him benched most of the time now.

I still run with both Thor and Iron Man in pvp, Iron Man is only being used as a placeholder though til I can get somebody better to replace him. That, and his blue skill once in a blue moon.

Thor is super scary since his yellow skill does so much damage. Mine is only lvl 41 and it does 1k+ while only costing 11 yellow AP