Lightning Rounds Revamp

Options
I think LRs need a serious revamp.
It's a vicious circle right now. Can't get tokens without buffed chars, can't get buffed chars without tokens.
I don't think keeping the event unbracketed and giving out the same number of prizes while the population (hopefully) constantly increases is a wealthy mechanic.
The rich gets richer, and newcomers have absolutely no chance at competing with older players.
In my experience, right now even with the best ** characters capped and burning through buffs worth thousands of ISO you can barely break the top100.
I like the fact that Lightning Rounds are the hardest tournament, the playoffs of MPQ, and don't want to see it turn into a normal tournament. But players with good, capped ** teams should be given a chance to break in once in a while, otherwise there's really no reason to play icon_cry.gif
I think we should have brackets (balancing them so they're still harder than normal tournaments), or dish out the prizes according to the number of persons that took part in the event.

Cheers!

Comments

• I think it would be better just splitting it into 2 brackets. That way all the best players aren't in one bracket and lower rank teams have a better shot.
  • The rich sit out of lightning rounds because they don't have anything we want (other than iso).
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    The rich sit out of lightning rounds because they don't have anything we want (other than iso).

+1

and the almost rich get rich, sit out, open the way for the new almost rich which opens the way for the poor.
  • Uhm yesterday I got into a couple of very very tough ones, but today looks much more doable, even with my measly ** team.
    Ended up top8 in doom and diabolical in Loki (I was shooting for it, could have easily been top25).
    Maybe I was just unlucky and probably overreacted... my bad icon_redface.gif