Points gained in an alliance, stay with the alliance

Flume
Flume Posts: 50 Match Maker
Think this would work better than the current system?
I am forever surprised by the hopping around that people do and would prefer to try to build an actual team.

Comments

• I agree completely.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    The only issue I see with this is alliances "leeching points" from players. In other words, getting a player to play for them for part of the tourney, kicking, then getting someone else to finish, and keeping both sets of points.
  • To really tackle this issue it would need to be done right. At the START of each event an alliance's roster is saved (not locked) and points those players earn go towards that event and each of those players gets the alliance reward even if they are no longer with the alliance. This also means players added to an alliance after an event starts do not count towards that event's points nor will receive alliance rewards for it. This would prevent alliances from subbing out someone who needs to go MIA for 3 days in the middle of a 7 day PVE which is unfortunate but it would definitely foster more teaminess and at the very least make the event hoppers decide where they want to be at the beginning of an event instead of in the last hour.