A new non competitive game mode

After one year, I don't understand why there is no real "story" mode, a kind of extension of the prologue with new persistent chapters with no competition at all.

PVP is competitive, even PVE is competitive because of the ranking (that's nonsense because of grinding...).

But are you sure that ALL players want competition? A lot of casual players only want to play a little and when they want.

Even regular players are tired of grindind...

So why not creating new chapters (I mean not 1 or 2 chapters, but a lot of chapters, on a regular basis, for exemple : 1 new chapter every 10 days...) in a kind of story mode such as prologue?

You could add a chapter for a specific 3 stars character and allow players to win 1 cover quite easily, at the end of the chapter (no scaling, easy fights but new content/new story... easy and fun gaming...).

It could be an easy way to allow new players to win 3 stars cover or to allow casual players to improve their roster without having to grind or compete.

Comments

• I agree with everything you said.

In addition, a single player game mode would also be an ideal opportunity to put the "puzzle" back in puzzle quest. In the original game for the Nintendo DS, there were game modes with no opponents where you just had to clear special tiles from the board, or get X number of AP in each color. The challenge was that the board wouldn't reset, so if you got to a point where there were no moves left to make you lost. Something like that would be a nice change of pace as it would force players to slow down and think carefully about each move.
  • I update this suggestion now that the new PVE game mode is available (survival mode).

Why don't you also improve non competitive PVE content (such as prologue with new "non dark reign" chapters)?

In contest of champions (the marvel fighting game), there are several competitive pvp and several non competitive pve AT THE SAME TIME. So players can choose what they want. Those who don't want to compete can play non competitive pve at a casual pace.

I really don't understand why you put a wall in front of 80% of your players / customers. If you're not top 100 in pvp (so top 20%), you have no 3 stars cover (80% of players). A player without cover will buy nothing. A player with a few covers (at least 1 of each color) will be more tempted to buy something. With a non competitive mode offering 3 stars cover (at least for old characters), you will help transitioning players and they will keep on playing.

So please, can you add new chapters on a regular basis? That's what the majority of casual players want...
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    We have lots of PVE events that are just 'heroic' versions of the story chapters... why not drop the other recurring PVEs that are extensions of the Dark Reign story into story mode?

You might need to add another layer of depth to the UI... click on 'prodigal sun' or 'ISO-8 brotherhood' to go into that chapter and look for nodes instead of just having all the subs line up across the existing 'story' pane.
  • How about make The Gauntlet permanent, but just change up the rewards and boosted characters every week.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    How about make The Gauntlet permanent, but just change up the rewards and boosted characters every week.

That would be brilliant. Move Lightning Rounds to Mon-Wed and make a Wed-Fri Gauntlet event. Even if it just gave out a few heroic tokens every week. That'd be great.
  • d0nk3y
    d0nk3y Posts: 213
    I would love to see a fleshed out single player campaign for MPQ. I have a great time playing in my alliance and more often than not I even enjoy the grind... but sometimes I'd like a few days off to rest and recharge my interest for this game. Most of the time I'm playing out of habit and pure competitive spite, and that's not a lot of fun. Truthfully, the grind stopped being fun about 250 days ago.