Season and shield simulator end time thoughts

Options
mohio
mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
So it occurred to me the other day that with variable end times you could set the final pvp for the season (next Sunday) to end earlier in the day and then spend the rest of the day on the shield simulator. What I didn't consider though, is the possibility of the final pvp being back to fixed in time, or perhaps just not offering the latest time slot. Currently both shield simulator and the season end right at 1am ET, even though all the variable time pvps have had a 4am ET finish.

So I must ask the devs, are you going to be pushing back the ending times of the shield simulator and the season, or are we not going to have time slices for the last pvp? Or was this never going to be addressed until the final weekend when no one is working and able to do anything about it (sorry guys who chose 4am, your season score is locked in at the 3hours to go mark)? Sorry for being snarky, but your track record still leaves a bit to be desired despite recent promising changes.

Also to the community, would you prefer that they push back the end times for shield sim and the season by 3 hours or rather they eliminate the 5th time slice from the final pvp (or eliminate time slices altogether for that last pvp)?

Comments

• Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    I definitely want them to keep the fifth end time available - it's much better for me than most of the other options.

Season end time should probably be pushed back three hours to match - they could keep the simulator open those three hours. I wouldn't really care if they ended the season and simulator as scheduled and took my score as it stood with three hours left in the last end time, but I think it would be more straightforward to extend.

I think there are far more players who care about choosing an end time then season rankings, and getting rid of them for the event is the worst option.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have a feeling that they will just simply either push up all the end times so that the final one will end at the season end, or just simply eliminate the fifth end time for that one event. Giving a possibility to end the event after the already defined end of the season just sounds like messy business and 20 vets would probably make threads about ragequitting the game because of it.
  • There is also the third possibility of extending the season by 3 hours. Not a huge deal. Don't even have to extend the Simulator if they don't want to, just season to allow for later time slice.
  • I don't think planning ahead is a thing over there. Expect the worst to happen.