Upcoming tournament list

Options
Unknown
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Is there a way to see the upcoming tournaments and what rewards will be available? I'm just trying to plan ahead a little bit.

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With those interview posts going up to highlight an upcoming new character it usually/often mentions what pve they are the reward in and which one they will be featured in immediately after. For instance I'm pretty sure we know that they're rerunning this rocket and groot pve with gamorra rewards right after the current one and then gamorra will be the featured character in ISO-8 brotherhood (rewards unknown). As for pvp, the featured character follows it's reward basically 100% of the time in season and we can only know rewards if they are similarly spoiled by new character announcements (e.g. Rocket and groot tournament was told to be from nov. 28-30 so we knew whatever pvp came before it would give out rocket and groot covers, but all others are unknown).
  • mohio wrote:
    With those interview posts going up to highlight an upcoming new character it usually/often mentions what pve they are the reward in and which one they will be featured in immediately after. For instance I'm pretty sure we know that they're rerunning this rocket and groot pve with gamorra rewards right after the current one and then gamorra will be the featured character in ISO-8 brotherhood (rewards unknown). As for pvp, the featured character follows it's reward basically 100% of the time in season and we can only know rewards if they are similarly spoiled by new character announcements (e.g. Rocket and groot tournament was told to be from nov. 28-30 so we knew whatever pvp came before it would give out rocket and groot covers, but all others are unknown).

I appreciate the reply so basically there is no way for me to know if Human Torch will be offered as rewards soon?
  • Pretty much
  • Human Torch is in the Vault right now. At least for this season he won't be rewarded and since they didn't brought any vaulted character back for Season VIII you can only guess when he will be available again.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also by only announcing new character release tournaments they keep the community from rioting.if you look at this seasons PVP it has been a lot of older characters except R&G. If they announce all these upcoming events vets might say it is time for a break since I don't need the rewards. By keeping non new character rewards a secret it helps keep the player base playing since they don't know what reward will be next.
  • siebenvier wrote:
    Human Torch is in the Vault right now. At least for this season he won't be rewarded and since they didn't brought any vaulted character back for Season VIII you can only guess when he will be available again.

They really should take him out as it has been months since he was last handed out. As long as red is the T5 reward, I can cover cap mine and probably put some ISO into him for PvE Purposes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, the Psylocke tournament hands out Blade covers, so it's reasonable to assume that High Stakes will be next. The weekend tournament might be Gamora since the next round of Meet Rocket&Groot should end around then. Or they might wait until next week...
    But further ahead it's basically anyone's guess. If you want Torch, you should save all your tokens and wait for the token rotation announcement.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Well, the Psylocke tournament hands out Blade covers, so it's reasonable to assume that High Stakes will be next. The weekend tournament might be Gamora since the next round of Meet Rocket&Groot should end around then. Or they might wait until next week...
    But further ahead it's basically anyone's guess. If you want Torch, you should save all your tokens and wait for the token rotation announcement.
    They can't have gamora until after she's rewarded from pvp, which if the 2nd run of R+G is also about a week, won't be until the off-season break.

Even odds that they start the season with a FT tourney.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    They can't have gamora until after she's rewarded from pvp, which if the 2nd run of R+G is also about a week, won't be until the off-season break.

Even odds that they start the season with a FT tourney.
    Gamora could be the prize in High Stakes. Though I suppose a Friday start time would be a bit optimistic if the R&G PvE can't end until Friday evening at the earliest...