Limit or charge ISO for SKIP players

Options
Mrazy
Mrazy Posts: 46
People can skip unlimited times during events or pvp which allow higher lv players to just cruise for weaker players for easy points. Limit the amounts of people a player can skip or charge ISO for skipping players.

Comments

• But in a cutthroat game, shouldn't the more powerful teams win? The lions pick off the weak and sickly for a reason. If you've reached a point value higher than your team is powerful, it makes sense that you are dropped back down a little. I'm not saying it's fun to be attacked like that, but it is fair. Luckily this game lets you take advantage of spurts of playtime to get progression rewards. Also, you can now stop the backslide by using a shield. Besides, sometimes it is luck of the draw. You could pull a bunch of heavy hitters that haven't got their numbers up in this tournament. Wouldn't it suck having to choose between fighting a tough opponent for low point values or giving up some ISO?
  • Mrazy
    Mrazy Posts: 46
    Options
    Its not luck of the draw, i have tested it, you can cruise unlimited timed times and get only weaker foes, i manage to get into the 100 hero coin reward tier by just exploiting that window, and i had a scrub team.
  • High level people aren't skipping for easy teams, they're skipping for teams that will give them enough points to be worth it.
  • But if you couldn't skip to your heart's content and got stuck with powerful opponents that didn't have high point returns, that would suck. Or, if in a lightning round, you kept getting easy opponents that aren't worth any points, you won't place well. It shouldn't cost you ISO if it is a random match that you have no control over in the first place. The people who would benefit from that system would be people who got lucky pulls and people who have a bunch of ISO to throw away. It promotes a "the rich get richer" situation.
  • Trust me, skip gets used as much, or more, by low/mid level players than it does high level ones.

In most tournaments I don't skip because the team is too tough, I skip because they don't give enough points. With the way scoring has been up until Shields I largely stopped caring about points either, because it just didn't matter that much.

Honestly, there is no such thing as "too tough" a team at high levels. Plus who do you think has more ISO? High level players or low/mid level ones?
  • consider a mid level player seeing a 100+ rags in all of his slots...

agree that it will harm the low/mid more than the high level players. very much agree that skip happens not to find some weak squad worth 5 points but another harder squad worth 20+ points when i use it.
  • Although I do skip quite a bit during regular tournaments there should be some sort of limit to the amount per fight, I have been beaten by the same guy twice in the space of one fight and I supect some people skip until they find the same players multiple times.
  • I skip because attacking anybody worth less than ~25 points opens you up for retaliation from somebody who will take a lot of points from you. I become less picky towards the end of a tournament when (hopefully) the people I attack won't retaliate right away. Limiting the option to skip would, for me, be one of the death knells for this game for me. It would eliminate or greatly inhibit a lot of the things I enjoy, which are the play the game in the first place. Climbing the ladder for tier rewards, winning matches, watching my points/ranking go up, and getting retaliation revenge.
  • bongo king wrote:
    Although I do skip quite a bit during regular tournaments there should be some sort of limit to the amount per fight, I have been beaten by the same guy twice in the space of one fight and I supect some people skip until they find the same players multiple times.

More likely they're the victim of broken matchmaking where they're only getting a half dozen names.