raise levels through play not just iso

I think an alternative should be allowed for leveling players. Much like video games do now with leveling weapons, the more you use them they should gain xp towards leveling. Obviously the harder opponents you defeat the more xp is gained. Of course if you want to spend iso then you can do that as well. I just see no viable reason to even use any of my other covers, maybe it would promote some diversity as ppl try to level their less often used covers.

Comments

• Though not a bad idea I can see two ways that it could go wrong.

1. Several people on this forum (including me) have certain characters that we intentionally keep underleveled and giving out xp would undermine the purpose. My personal character is Falcon who I really don't need making any matches on the board to use his powers.

2. It would have to be a very small amount of xp/iso that you could give out since you wouldn't want people just grinding away in a low level pve-node to level up. Plus you would have to lock it out of the prologue so that people couldn't game the system that way.

Objectively speaking the 20 iso reward we get as a consolation prize would help to level up a character slowly but surely.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Another means to raise levels that I have often contemplated (and seen posted) would be to convert excess covers into levels rather than ISO.
    (I know what you are thinking - "sell cover for ISO, buy levels with ISO", but this is subtly different.) What if you could convert an extra cover for a character directly into 1 level - as long as it was for the same character?

Hypothetical Roster:
    OBW: 3/5/5 level 80
    Ares: 4/4/5 level 80

If I draw an OBW card in the status quo that card gets converted into ISO which I can spend on part of a level for either character. But what if it was set up so that OBW card could convert directly into 1 level for OBW? (For OBW *only* - if I want to use that as a resource to improve Ares that still gets handled by the existing "sell cover for ISO, buy levels with ISO" model, but you only get the portion of a level that 250 ISO can pay for.)

Admittedly this puts a variable value on extra covers, but I could see it actually helping promote roster diversity - which they claim is a goal. I am not likely ever going to finish leveling star.pngstar.pngicon_humantorch.png - but if I could start directly converting drawn covers for him into levels instead of selling them for ISO - then I might eventually wind up with a playable version of him that I wouldn't mind taking for a spin from time to time.
  • I've actually posted a similar thought. But since a whole level would never be allowed I suggested a small boost of Iso given to the character in question. Using your example a lvl 80 black widow would get 250+ an extra 100 would make it a more tempting choice than just out selling it off.