pve grinding sux, change it somehow

I prefer your gauntlet pve events better than the grind ones...case in point, i have been grinding to try and get these new thor covers....yet...somehow there are a few ppl that have nearly doubled my score, how that is i do not know seeing as i cleared out each node except for maybe one since the event started...so after clearing out the nodes to 1 point remaining, i take the kids to see a movie, get back and within 2 hours i went from 50ish to 280ish....doesnt matter that i took 2 hours off since i couldnt get any points anyways except some scraps but really? Listen, i like this game as much as the next fella but wow, the grinding isnt fun...its tedious and boring, its not about any skill or strategy, its who wants to devote the most time staring at their phone. I was grinding since the event started, still could only stay around 50ish while ppl double my score....i mean really?

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only grind down everything down to 1 if it's the last hour.
    Otherwise just do each node once every 2hrs 25m.

You've seen what happens when you do it your way - people have twice as many points.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd rather see them up the refresh time. If they made is 5, 6, or 8 hr I'd be happy.
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    Only grind down everything down to 1 if it's the last hour.
    Otherwise just do each node once every 2hrs 25m.

You've seen what happens when you do it your way - people have twice as many points.

I think the point is...who finds that fun? Ive placed top 25 or higher in pve several times before which requires the same grinding every 2.5 hours... i know this one is crazy because the rewards but...how is grinding like that more fun than just work? I can accept the fact that ppl will out work me for a reward, i just cant accept how that will be the normal experience for pve when it really isnt that enjoyable, to me anyways. I just think a structure like the gauntlet or some other experience where you arent grinding like this is a better experience. I dont even care about the reward, i usually just do pve for the iso, but its an aspect i dont look forward to truthfully, and doesnt really make the game fun.

I just like the gauntlet mode a lot better, even though some of the nodes were insanely challenging. That made me really think about different ways and strategies and combinations of covers to use to beat it, kind of like a final boss as opposed to making sure i came back every so often to beat every node over and over.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    2:25 refreshes aren't fun, nobody enjoys that.
    We all want Gauntlet style PVE and have been begging the devs to switch their system - or at least switch refresh times to something sensible like 8 hours or even 12 like they used to be.

No dice.

We hate the refresh time, but we want Thor, so we grudgingly soldier on and watch our burned out comrades drop out, in the slow death march of veteran MPQ players.

Meanwhile in new player land, 1* rosters with one Rocket and Groot cover are merrily dancing bye us, wondering why we all look so grim while marching towards the inevitable.
  • guess we all hate PVE´s and he grinding you have to take if you want some rewards for you and your alliance.
    i loved the gauntlet and would be happy if every pve would be like this.
    no grinding get so far you can or want. just that you have no alliance rewards will make a problem. means less rewards for the whole team.
    or maybe they should just raise the time the nodes need to refresh. 5h or 6h would be perfect imo.
    still im sometimes wondering how pppl grind for their place. seems like they arent sleeping for 4 days ^^
    especially at the end times its a miracle how some ppl score.

and im really for a change... last 3 pve ended and exactly the same day a new pve started.
    guys this is a bit too much.
    we need some space. pves are very stressfull. let us at least 1 day or better 2 days to refresh our selfs. we arent a node who refreshes in 2.5h

but keep up with new pve lines thats great
  • I enjoy 2.5 hour refreshes. I'm not super competitive most of the time. When I have a weekend free, I can rank and feel relatively occupied, with enough time for breaks for other things. 8 hour refreshes are far too slow. You can play 3 times daily? Nothing to do in between. Sucks.