King of the hill tourney request.

Options
Please could you try a king of the hill tourney?

No pogression points but a simple ranking system.

Which ever rank you defeat above you you obtain that rank and the person you beat drops 1 rank.

E.g I'm 35th I elect to attack 10th place, I win , I'm now 10th and the loser is now 11th. Naturally every below 10 to 34 will drop 1 place.

You can't a crack anyone below you in the rankings, the game will only select those above you.

The game would choose a bracket of ranked players above you to fight, so if you were rank 10000, the game would pick a choice from 9000 to 10000. If you were 100, it would pick a smaller range of say ranks 99-80. If in the top 5 it would be ranks 2-4 , you would only be able to attack 1st if you were in 2nd or 3rd place.

That way those who work hard at the game and rank highly will loose ranks slower

You get the idea, what of you think?

Comments

• In theory, I love the idea. I think it would be a lot of fun. In practice, I think there would be a few problems. First, with so many matches going on at once, it could be very hard to keep calculating everyone's ranks. Think about how many times you've come out of a fight and it says you've been attacked 8 times. It could get really messy. The second problem is the large gap between offense and defense. Since you aren't competing against a person, it is so much easier to win on an attack than on defense. While some team strength and skill goes into it, the top ranks would be people that play the most with some luck thrown in. Lastly, how would you rank people at the start? Is it luck of the draw? While I think the ranks would rearrange quickly, it's still a little unfair that some people get to start higher up on the list.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    The second problem is the large gap between offense and defense. Since you aren't competing against a person, it is so much easier to win on an attack than on defense.

Right, if I use my max Mag/Rag team with 128 Spidey no team scares me. And I in turn don't scare anyone with high level characters either. This tourney would come down to luck, can you be the last one to hit the guy in first place.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    Lastly, how would you rank people at the start? Is it luck of the draw? While I think the ranks would rearrange quickly, it's still a little unfair that some people get to start higher up on the list.
    If it were like that would you be able to use shields, I doubt you would. I think this kind of tournament would be more anoying than the current format.
    My idea for a tournament http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1992
  • I expect you may be right, still good idea if not workable.

Perhaps they could do a king of the hill against PVE opponents which get tougher and tougher the further you progress. Everyone has a breaking point then 8)
  • Yea, I would like a persistant gauntlet style PvE arena with progression rewards thrown in. The enemies would keep getting stronger. I hope they end up implementing it.