Mix up the "essentials" PvE

MattC02
MattC02 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
I think PvE would be much more interesting if the essential characters needed were of more variety. By making the essential character either the same across the board or the latest release makes it impossible for many to progress in these events. It would be much more satisfactory if you had to have multiple characters essential throughout the event.

This would require people to manage their rosters more so they keep a lot of characters, as you never know who you might need. It would also make these events have a more level playing field. In a 5-day event who wants to learn on day 1 they have no chance of progressing since they "don't have that ONE character" they need?

Heck...it might get some people to even keep bagman around....

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    What you suggest used to be how larger PvE events like The Hunt operated. In other words; dedicating all essential nodes to one-and-the-same character was a conscious shift on Demiurge's part. Good luck getting them to undo it!
  • Some they do, some they don't. To win Blade, you had to have Ms. Marvel. The event that followed (if my timeline is correct) had varied essentials.

I'm pretty sure that the new character will always monopolize the essentials, and another event to follow will vary them.