New game mode: "MPQ vs. _______"

Seasick Pirate
Seasick Pirate Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
I had this idea elsewhere and really think something like this could work and would be fun. This idea could even be a good starting off point for an "endless" game mode that has been brought up numerous times.

The basic concept for this is to have a series of 5-star characters that would never * be made available to players. These would be Marvel's most powerful beings that our heroes would have no chance of winning normally. So we have to fight these guys as a community. There can be a progress bar in the event that shows the total damage we do to the enemy. When that bar fills up, we all get a nice reward. And/or, since it'll be a community effort taking these guys down, have a series of progress rewards for the community to reach for.

Here is what I came up with using Galactus as the enemy:
2 ways to handle it; 1) your team fights Galactus (who has no powers and doesn't make matches) in timed rounds. He damage you do to him in 5 (or so) minutes gets added to a community total. If we deal something like a billion hp of damage by the end of the event we all get cool rewards.
Or 2) your team fights Galactus but give him two powers and a billion hp. His purple is passive and gives him 1 black AP each turn. His black costs 100 (or so) AP and he eats your team. The damage you do to him here gets added to a community total for cool rewards. You'd be sacrificing your teams but (hopefully) the rewards would be worth it. Of course you could use your 1-star guys but they'll deal less damage overall.

Neat thing about this is they could do it with other 5-star enemies like guantlet-wielding Thanos, Odin, Grandmaster, Phoenix Force, Vulcan, etc.

Feel free to take this concept and riff off it. I think it would make a fun single-player event, something like the Gauntlet, where we don't need to worry about placement. And if our characters are downed at the end of each game, that should help sell health packs as well.

Comments

• I think this is a really good idea for a co-operative rather than competitive game mode. It could be broken down by alliance or brackets for the total of how much damage you do to said super-boss.

This would encourage people who don't want to necessarily compete against other players, as it will let them help a team in reaching a goal.

+1
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    I think this is a really good idea for a co-operative rather than competitive game mode. It could be broken down by alliance or brackets for the total of how much damage you do to said super-boss.

This would encourage people who don't want to necessarily compete against other players, as it will let them help a team in reaching a goal.

+1

I like Op idea but this is the best idea here!!