Tourney idea -- The Scrapyard

Nonce Equitaur 2
Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
In the Heavy Metal event, the prize is 3* Daken covers. I've got a strong roster, and I'm going to win at least one cover, which I'll sell.

THE SCRAPYARD -- Here is where all the sold 3* and 4* covers should go.

Anyone can enter a team into the Scrapyard, and fights happen normally. Huge brackets, like 5000 or so.

1. No points lost for being beaten, or for losing. No health lost for retreating.
2. Every time a 3* or 4* cover is sold by someone in the bracket, the top ranked player in the scrapyard is examined.
.. a. If they haven't fully covered that character, they win the cover.
.. b. Whether or not they won something, player #1 loses all points.
3. If the cover hasn't been awarded yet, move on to the new #1. Repeat until the cover is awarded to someone.

The Scrapyard will heavily favor transitioning players, since they are less likely to have their points removed for having fully covered characters. Covers are being sold all the time, so the #1 player in the Scrapyard would be in a steady state of flux. Players with solid rosters would likely only battle it out before events with covers they're missing.

Comments

• GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    There would be a lot of coding to go into this but it's a fantastic idea. I'd totally participate in this.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    There would be a lot of coding to go into this but it's a fantastic idea. I'd totally participate in this.

+1 on this idea, although with somewhat smaller brackets. It reminds me of "king of the hill" type games that were so much fun.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker

+1 on this idea, although with somewhat smaller brackets. It reminds me of "king of the hill" type games that were so much fun.
  • Wait you can lose all points and not get anything if you already had that one cover? Ouch. Love the idea but maybe let people keep their points till they get something, or is it supposed to be a constantly rolling leaderboard roulette kind of thing?
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait you can lose all points and not get anything if you already had that one cover? Ouch. Love the idea but maybe let people keep their points till they get something, or is it supposed to be a constantly rolling leaderboard roulette kind of thing?

If a prize is a cover for a character with 3 powers and player #1 has 13 covers for that character, they get nothing.

If people are allowed to stay in the top ranks until they win something, then the top 500 will quickly jam up with people who have solid rosters. It's better as a constantly rolling leaderboard roulette.

There would be a steady rain of prizes for transitioning players.