Juggernaut 1* 2/4 lvl 10
Thor 2* 1/1/1 lvl 9
Daken 2* 2/2 lvl 8
Moonstone 2* 0/1/1 lvl 8
Hawkeye 1* 2/2 lvl 3
Iron Man 1* 1/1/3 lvl 1
Black Widow 1* 1/0 lvl 1
Venom 1* 1/0 lvl 1

I've cleared all missions up to Venom but that's as far as I can go, I can't even beat Yelena Belova....... Have I stuffed up? Should I focus on leveling my 1*'s? People say they have completed the entire Prologue with leveled up Iron Man, Storm and Black Widow. Should I just pump my ISO into them so I can actually progress? Or am I just noobing out and not using the correct combination of characters... I like to use Storm, Magneto and Wolverine or Thor together, it's fun but I'm not getting far >.< Sometimes I use the Hulk as a tank but that doesn't even help >.<

Sorry for noobin out

Thanks heaps all!!

Comments

• Yes, you need to put more effort into your 1*s. 2*s aren't as good as 1*s at the same level; ditto for 3*s (even more so, really). Look at their health and their tile match damage.

They'll eventually outstrip the 1*s, but that won't happen until they're near L50 (for 2*s) or L85 (for 3* vs 2*).

I'm afraid you're going to have a long road ahead re-leveling those 1*s. You're unlikely to get enough 2* covers to replace them in the near term.
  • Awesome thanks Zathrus!! I'll get stuck into my 1*'s wish me luck ^_^ I've spent about $20 on the game, I really wanted Hulk, Wolverine and Thor as soon as I could get them and I don't mind donating to awesome games, they are my favorite Marvel characters also Deadpool but he isn't in this game yet icon_e_sad.gif

Guess I'll just have to wait to use them lol ahhh well

Thanks again!
  • How do you only have a black widow with one cover? That's some good (or bad) luck there. You need to get more covers of her and level it up.

She has a stun ability that can freeze enemies for 5 turns. It's invaluable in helping you get past some of the higher level villans you will encounter.

You might want to think about throwing some ISO into making cover pulls to help fill out your roster. Many of these characters become really effective once you get all 5 covers in certain abilities.
  • Hey Toxicadam, Yup good luck I got my favorite characters, baaaad luck I sold my 1*'s thinking they were useless WOW big mistake ahh well **** happens as they say... I'll fix it with time icon_e_smile.gif

Heading offline now, will check back here again tomorrow, thanks all!
  • Yeah. mStorm(50) and mBW(40) + "tank" will go a long way. Use Sting to stun, Lightning Storm to recharge, lather, rinse, repeat. Throw in a couple hailstorms and a direct damage red ability on the tank (IM35 is nice here) for additional punch. I've been playing for 3 weeks and have quite a few lvl 30 2*'s and lvl 20 3*'s and I still use that team for my grinding. Yesterday in double shot 1, I beat a lvl 115 IM40 without him ever taking a turn.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    OP do you know about the non prologue missions you can do?

This might seem like a stupid question but I thought some pretty stupid things when I started.
  • Hey Spencer75 do you mean the Events and the S.H.I.E.L.D Versus? If so yeah I been using them to build some ISO can't get very high though lol >.< wish me luck re leveling my 1*'s ^_^
  • Hey all, so I've been grinding pretty hard playing any chance I have and I've finally got my 1*'s up a bit

Iron Man 35 2/3/3 lvl 25
    Storm M 5/3/5 lvl 23
    Black Widow M 5/5 lvl 22

Already seeing results ^_^ I beat the levels in Venom chapter finally... From Russia, Black Widow Impostor and now the first 6 levels in Oscorp

Thank you all again for your input!!

One other thing.. Now I have Wolverine Astonishing 2* 0/1/5 and Daken 2* 5/4 are they worth leveling and having together in a team? Or just keep focusing on leveling my 1*'s? But I don't want to waste too much ISO on them, what is the optimal level to beat prologue and use for grinding some ISO in low level pvp?
  • 2* Wolv isgood, very good, with 5/3/5 build you almost never have to heal him, and he damages like fist of angry star.
    Daken - not so much and he can be pretty annoying.
  • Honestly I find Daken makes Wolverine worse, because he will steal all the red gems for his own attack gems, though Wolverine's are better.
  • Daken and Wolverine together is only good if you've some kind of weird goal of foiling an enemy team's Wolverine while on defense. Of course that combination isn't going to bother Thor at all, so not sure why you'd ever setup that way unless those are your two highest characters.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Daken and Wolverine together is only good if you've some kind of weird goal of foiling an enemy team's Wolverine while on defense.

Throw in Bullseye and some people might skip you just because of the annoyance factor icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phantron wrote:
    Daken and Wolverine together is only good if you've some kind of weird goal of foiling an enemy team's Wolverine while on defense.

Throw in Bullseye and some people might skip you just because of the annoyance factor icon_e_smile.gif

If the animation for Adamantium Bones and Phermone Rage is longer, that might be a viable strategy.
  • Lol thanks for the replies, yeah I'm still learning how it all works. Now I can understand how they will only make each other worse... Haha Bullseye too, that would be annoying >.<

Hey Phantron yeah they are the most covers I have on a 2* character... Daken is 5/5 now and Wolverine is 0/1/5