Fatal Attraction November 25 - 28

Options
2»

Comments

• Mikaveus
    Mikaveus Posts: 202
    Options
    Feels like "Fatal Attraction" should be an X-Men event given their "Fatal Attractions" crossover back in the 90's! icon_e_biggrin.gif

fatalattractions.jpg
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ryz-aus wrote:
    So I joined time slice 5 because it's a pretty good end time for me and I thought I wouldn't need a ridiculous score to get top 5. Climbed early to 700, and now all I see are x-men and immortal rage.

Well, at least the ones I see aren't in my bracket - they would be in the top ten if they were - and maybe the progression reward at 1300 will be reachable this time.

I joined 5 also because I have family stuff tomorrow and the extra 3 hours will help since I'll get home late. I climbed to 600 and have been mostly untouched. Glad to hear there are xmen to climb off, since my 600 is good for 2nd right now.
  • Can't remember which number slice I'm in (it's the one ending at 6pm EST I think, midnight BST) but getting decent value targets has been painful. I was sitting 1st with 900 points until this morning but virtually everyone in my queue was worth 14 or less, maybe a juicy 17...

A few people have made a move now but I can't see 1300 being achievable without stupid amounts of hops.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't remember which number slice I'm in (it's the one ending at 6pm EST I think, midnight BST) but getting decent value targets has been painful. I was sitting 1st with 900 points until this morning but virtually everyone in my queue was worth 14 or less, maybe a juicy 17...

A few people have made a move now but I can't see 1300 being achievable without stupid amounts of hops.

Welcome to the death of PvP (player vs player) and the birth of PvSP (player vs subset of players). This is the new meta of these events. You have to choose between 1300 progression reward or easier bracket.

BTW I'm in same time slice as you, slice 3. I'm at 945 and have targets from 3 to 16 points now. There should be 20 different end times!!
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can't remember which number slice I'm in (it's the one ending at 6pm EST I think, midnight BST) but getting decent value targets has been painful. I was sitting 1st with 900 points until this morning but virtually everyone in my queue was worth 14 or less, maybe a juicy 17...

Welcome to the death of PvP (player vs player) and the birth of PvSP (player vs subset of players). This is the new meta of these events. You have to choose between 1300 progression reward or easier bracket.

BTW I'm in same time slice as you, slice 3. I'm at 945 and have targets from 3 to 16 points now. There should be 20 different end times!!

I'm also in slice 3 and 15 pts is about the max I'm seeing, (currently @ 1002 pts). A far cry from the point spread in slice 4!
  • And again I hit 500 and face nothing but max teams. Can't contribute to my Alliance, can't get any rewards. Complete change from the past eight months. Terrific, thanks D3.
  • I'm a transitioner in slice 1, and is it just me or is there an actual 2-3* transitioner hill? Instead of seeing pure 166 at 600, there seems to be a variety of 7 cover Thors, GSBW, CMags at the 100-130 level range. Sure there's the occasional max x-force team, but most of the matchups seem beatable with some luck. Maybe it's because there's new character rewards, but the top 100 cut off seems to be roughly 580 right now, not much higher than normal. Unfortunately, I'm at work now, so can't do much besides a quick check on rankings.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Hey, I'd sincerely like to thank you for waiting until I have my shield up before you hit me. Very decent of you! If I find any more points out there I might hop again, you may be able to get some more off me.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nothing quite like joining at #466 and seeing the top 8 or 9 shielded above 1000 and the leader on 1500. Guess I should have just done nothing for 15 minutes and joined later. Of course at that point they would have just been higher and I'd be #480 instead.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Gawd, long day at work and I flubbed remembering the event ended at a reasonable time. Between falling asleep during late ends in pve and forgetting to climb I can't win. Literally.

Sigh, at least it's not a cover for something that would help my game. Judging by my shulkie, beast, deadpool, etc, it'll be a year from release before I finish rocket & groot
  • Picked slice 3; got #19 with 901 points. This is more like PVP used to be, and so it was slightly less awful than usual. I think I"ll be picking slice 3 for the two that end over the weekend for the forseeable future, and avoid slice 4 like the plague.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Picked slice 3; got #19 with 901 points. This is more like PVP used to be, and so it was slightly less awful than usual. I think I"ll be picking slice 3 for the two that end over the weekend for the forseeable future, and avoid slice 4 like the plague.
    I choose slice 3 as well and got top 5 with 1100 points. It was nice to be awake at the finish of a PVP on Friday or Sunday.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I choose slice 3 as well and got top 5 with 1100 points. It was nice to be awake at the finish of a PVP on Friday or Sunday.

I saw that, nice push at the end to jump into the top 5! I ended up first with exactly 1200, I'm used to not even making top 10 with that score. I'll probably avoid this slice in Most Wanted, I'm more worried about getting to the Grocket progression reward than actual placement. Probably will jump into slice 4 for that one.
  • DecoyDuck
    Options
    To Ackerlight - I didn't mean to jump you. Neither of us needed the IW cover and I was 1198 and you were 1214... and I was happy to leave it at that. Then Solas (from the Hungarians alliance - also in our bracket) tried to jump into top5 but ended up giving me a defensive win. Next time we're bracket buddies, I will show some deference.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beast1970 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

I saw that, nice push at the end to jump into the top 5! I ended up first with exactly 1200, I'm used to not even making top 10 with that score. I'll probably avoid this slice in Most Wanted, I'm more worried about getting to the Grocket progression reward than actual placement. Probably will jump into slice 4 for that one.
    I am going for the slice 3 again so it is easy to finish strong in PVE. I would have preferred a stronger slice to get 1300 and the Xforce cover, but if I can keep getting top 5 easier slice 3 looks like a winner for me.
  • Welp, through a combination of me not being able to play and it being a holiday weekend, I only managed to get 550~ pts, which wasn't even top 100 for my bracket. Hit 166s right at 520 pts.

I assume folks either/and/or:
    A) Like Rocket and Groot
    B) Want 4* Thor
    C) I picked the wrong bracket.

I was hoping to get Rocket/Groot here since my work schedule on black friday weekend is tinykitty. Also, I probably won't be able to put in the effort forth to get a Rocket/Groot through progression rewards because, you guessed it, I'll be working.

Moral of the story: Tinykitty tinykittying commercial holidays.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Hoping we can track the point spread across time slices for these events - for this one i think slices 4 and 5 were high scoring and slices 1-3 were low scoring (defining high scoring as one where a top end player could reach 1300 progression without absurd spending, and low scoring where even 1100 progression would be difficult). I don't know if we should always expect two high scoring times, or if they would be different for the mid-week event.

I'm also really interested in how the scores were in those earlier slices, given there was a new character available - were any of them more medium scoring (1100 progression pretty achievable, but 1300 out of reach)? My bracket in slice 5 had five players over 1600 with 1210 in tenth place.
  • This was my and JM's bracket in Slice 1.

xapuenX.jpg

Highest anyone seemed to get in that was maybe 1200, and that was with a few hops.

A little better than one of the previous ones where I struggled to hit 900 due to a lack of targets in my slice, while an alliance mate went from 500 to 1500 before shielding, with nothing but 50 pointers from about 700 or so.
  • I think the death time slices is more like everyone thinking 'nobody's going to pick 4am EST as their ending time', unless I'm missing a secret handshake somewhere that is supposed to tell you which time slice to go to.
  • Phantron wrote:
    I think the death time slices is more like everyone thinking 'nobody's going to pick 4am EST as their ending time', unless I'm missing a secret handshake somewhere that is supposed to tell you which time slice to go to.

I finished 11 points under you in 20th.. If you find out the secret handshake, please share. Thanks