Patch Notes (11/24/14)

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Greetings,

A small update went into the game today for Android and PC users.

Patch Notes 11/24/14

- Fixed bugs related to the Android Lollipop 5.0 update which prevented some users from accessing the game.

- Fixed bugs related to Alliance Chat for Android and PC users. Users will likely have a one-time clear of their chat history on update.

Comments

• Should this fix the data consumption issue?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    - Fixed bugs related to Alliance Chat for Android and PC users. Users will likely have a one-time clear of their chat history on update.

Does this mean the user can't rely on there being any chat available that was posted prior to installing this update?

I had posted a message asking the guys to do a post themselves when chat was working for them. I guess they won't see it unless they applied the update before I sent it.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Should this fix the data consumption issue?

Hi Ben,

I'm seeking some clarification on this, but my understanding is yes, it does address the data consumption issue as well. But there will likely be exceptions until all users, across all devices, have updated to the same version. That should happen soon.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Does this mean the user can't rely on there being any chat available that was posted prior to installing this update?

I had posted a message asking the guys to do a post themselves when chat was working for them. I guess they won't see it unless they applied the update before I sent it.

Not sure if this helps, but - I'm on Android, and after I updated my chat was all there - roughly 1 day worth of posts reappeared. So it might not be the case that everyone gets a deletion.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can also confirm that there is a day of chat history after update. Looks good so far.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had data hemorrhage before the patch, but it seems to have stopped now. Very nice as my monthly pot was running out fast.
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    can I just clarify people on Lollipop can now access the game? Have purposely avoided updating up to now
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    y2fitzy wrote:
    can I just clarify people on Lollipop can now access the game? Have purposely avoided updating up to now
    People are reporting success with it over in the Bugs and Technical issues forum.