A time slicing poll

Options
Ryz-aus
Ryz-aus Posts: 386
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Considering the amount of back and forth in the discussion about time slicing problems, I thought it could use a poll. If I am missing your point of view or my phrasing seems biased, let me know and I will try to fix it.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I understand that time slicing has issues for the very top end players and alliances. But for me, being able to choose and event end time where I will most likely be able to be playing greatly increases the fun of the game. So for me, the current state of PvP is significantly better than it was prior to the selectable end time change. I'd love to see the same solution available for PvE events as well.

And if the change means that the top end players cluster to the last ending time to ensure their alliances can react to what other alliances are doing, then the rest of us can learn to avoid that end time and feel like we have better chances at rewards.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a bit of a mixed bag for me. I'm glad I can now play a little later than the normal 10pm end time so I can now do normal family stuff before disappearing into MPQ for a couple hours. The trade off is that it's a little more frustrating when I'm playing since I start getting hit at 600 points because there are just fewer targets in that time slot (and in the last 2 hours or so). So I can't climb quite as high or quite as quick but at least I get to keep my marriage and still play icon_e_smile.gif.

Overall I'd say it's a great thing to have since more options can't be bad (or at least some options. Too many could possibly be bad). But I would love it if the scoring things others have pointed out could be somehow smoothed out.

Edit: wasn't sure whether to go with choice 1 or 2. Went with 2 in the end cause I'd really like to see them work on improving it now rather than moving on to something else and either abandoning it altogether or ignoring the flaws that people are pointing out. Even if they're not THAT big of a deal, it's more important to me that they fix it now than kick the can down the road and work on the next new character or what 'new' combination of DA to use in the 10th rerun of heroic: juggs.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    It's a bit of a mixed bag for me. I'm glad I can now play a little later than the normal 10pm end time so I can now do normal family stuff before disappearing into MPQ for a couple hours. The trade off is that it's a little more frustrating when I'm playing since I start getting hit at 600 points because there are just fewer targets in that time slot (and in the last 2 hours or so). So I can't climb quite as high or quite as quick but at least I get to keep my marriage and still play icon_e_smile.gif.

Overall I'd say it's a great thing to have since more options can't be bad (or at least some options. Too many could possibly be bad). But I would love it if the scoring things others have pointed out could be somehow smoothed out.

Edit: wasn't sure whether to go with choice 1 or 2. Went with 2 in the end cause I'd really like to see them work on improving it now rather than moving on to something else and either abandoning it altogether or ignoring the flaws that people are pointing out. Even if they're not THAT big of a deal, it's more important to me that they fix it now than kick the can down the road and work on the next new character or what 'new' combination of DA to use in the 10th rerun of heroic: juggs.

I'm in the same boat. The problems aren't a big deal for me even if better chances at progression in the non-popular times would be good, but I know they are for others and I would rather they work on them now vs. players adapting to the current state and then having problems if it is changed out from under them later.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Went with #1, but I can see a solid case for #2. I'd 100% prefer they fix some of the issues than simply scrap the whole thing, as others have suggested/demanded they do. icon_rolleyes.gif

The benefit for players across the world is undeniable. And I, for one, am far more willing to spend HP of shielding for 3 hours, than I ever was to spend HP on shielding for 8 (which ended me up outside of the T100 anyway). Hence find the 'do what the T10 say since they fund the game' argument a bit weak.