Dec new event and game mode poll? Whos the antagonist?

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
With December fast aproaching a new event and game mode I figured it would be a good discussion to see who we thought the new antagonist would be. Here is the quote from the Q and A.

Q: Could you share with us some info on the new Story mode or the new game mode? There's no need to tell us the expected date, but sharing some info will get us excited. Maybe like telling us the new antagonist (Apocalypse, Sentinel, etc.)?

A: Just a couple hints on the new Event and game mode rolling out in December:
1. You’ve seen one of the antagonists in the game already.
2. There’s a new minion group, with Red and Black abilities.
3. There are a lot of them.

My vote will be for Cmags as the antagonist since so many mutants came out over the summer and fall. X-men V Brotherhood is a classic story line. It could also be deadpool the Merc with a Mouth who is very Red and Black, but he feels more of a helper not a mastermind. Doc Ock could make a very spiderman PVE storyline that brings in X-men. Dr Doom is always a clasic villian. Please share your thoughts and spoilers, and of course post what you would want the new story to be about.

I can also add more voting option if you think it is appropriate
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I thought Elektra and The Hand were coming, according to the info from the dumps, or whatever they're called.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19382#p252639
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:
    I thought Elektra and The Hand were coming, according to the info from the dumps, or whatever they're called.

It could be the Hand, but the Dev's also said one of the antagonists were already in the game, so who would it be? Then again they could mean they are going to buff DareDevil to go up against the Hand with Electra.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still can't recall fighting loki in pve outside of sim/gauntlet.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    lukewin wrote:

It could be the Hand, but the Dev's also said one of the antagonists were already in the game, so who would it be? Then again they could mean they are going to buff DareDevil to go up against the Hand with Electra.
    Daredevil, Psylocke, Wolverine and Mystique have all been members of The Hand. Mystique is particularly strong since she was recently added.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I still can't recall fighting loki in pve outside of sim/gauntlet.

LOKI!!! icon_loki.png !! hahaha..that's a great call. I'm now very curious how a story against Loki could be! But honestly, I think will be Doom. He hasn't had a solo story or anything where he is the main bad guy. He's just been partnered with Osborn so far. Would love to see icon_ironpatriot.png make an appearance tho. Since you know....he's the leader of Hammer and ****.
  • You fight Loki in Prodigal Sun and Deadpool Vs. MPQ.

I think with the arrival of 4* Thor and the introduction of Guardians of the Galaxy characters, they might be moving off-world for the next set of PVEs.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, the red-black fits the Hand the best, however, looking at my "leaked data", the unseen minion group has different name icon_e_smile.gif

Of course these two could be two different content icon_e_smile.gif
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Well, the red-black fits the Hand the best, however, looking at my "leaked data", the unseen minion group has different name icon_e_smile.gif

Of course these two could be two different content icon_e_smile.gif

Care to share?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dark Elves Corruptor
    Corrupt Tile Block
    Dark Energy
    ( ^-- these should be tile freezing abilities )

Dark Elves Disruptor
    Disruption
    Energy Blast

Dark Elves Loyalist
    Energy Spike
  • turul wrote:
    Dark Elves Corruptor
    Corrupt Tile Block
    Dark Energy

Dark Elves Disruptor
    Disruption
    Energy Blast

Dark Elves Loyalist
    Energy Spike

JMJzVZJ.jpg
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Dark Elves Corruptor
    Corrupt Tile Block
    Dark Energy

Dark Elves Disruptor
    Disruption
    Energy Blast

Dark Elves Loyalist
    Energy Spike
    Sounds pretty cool.
    I was under the impression that the existing antagonist would be a member of the group, but I guess Loki could just ally with Malekith...
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    turul wrote:
    Dark Elves Corruptor
    Corrupt Tile Block
    Dark Energy

Dark Elves Disruptor
    Disruption
    Energy Blast

Dark Elves Loyalist
    Energy Spike

Thanks for putting it in spoiler code icon_e_smile.gif appreciate it since certain ppl may want a surprise icon_e_smile.gif

Looking forward to the new faction! And it does fall in with the introduction of one of the new character.
  • Norman Osborn would be a good guess. He's been in the story since the beginning but we never actually faced him.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Up until now I've felt like Iron Patriot/Norman Osbourne was the most obvious choice, since IceIX has confirmed Iron Patriot was in the works for an undisclosed release date,

That being said, the info dump seems to make it obvious that it's Loki and Malekith vs 4* Thorette (calling her for the Essential/maxed boosted character now).
  • Up until now I've felt like Iron Patriot/Norman Osbourne was the most obvious choice, since IceIX has confirmed Iron Patriot was in the works for an undisclosed release date,

That being said, the info dump seems to make it obvious that it's Loki and Malekith vs 4* Thorette (calling her for the Essential/maxed boosted character now).

That would be super-mean if she was the Essential character. She's been a reward...twice? And isn't even in card packs. Would the devs really be that me-YES, YES THEY WOULD, THEY WOULD BE EXTRAORDINARILY MEAN.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Up until now I've felt like Iron Patriot/Norman Osbourne was the most obvious choice, since IceIX has confirmed Iron Patriot was in the works for an undisclosed release date,

That would be super-mean if she was the Essential character. She's been a reward...twice? And isn't even in card packs. Would the devs really be that me-YES, YES THEY WOULD, THEY WOULD BE EXTRAORDINARILY MEAN.

I'm keeping my hopes up that she'll become a loaner character, if she does indeed end up Essential. If they did a Loki event, I feel like it would be incredibly short-sighted to do a Loki event at this point and miss the tie-in icon_lol.gif but yeah, it would be pretty cruel to make her an Essential and not give a loaner.

[EDIT]

Come to think of it, it could end up being a give-away type of event, like the Hulk and Sentry events.
  • Up until now I've felt like Iron Patriot/Norman Osbourne was the most obvious choice, since IceIX has confirmed Iron Patriot was in the works for an undisclosed release date,

I'm keeping my hopes up that she'll become a loaner character, if she does indeed end up Essential. If they did a Loki event, I feel like it would be incredibly short-sighted to do a Loki event at this point and miss the tie-in icon_lol.gif but yeah, it would be pretty cruel to make her an Essential and not give a loaner.

[EDIT]

Come to think of it, it could end up being a give-away type of event, like the Hulk and Sentry events.
    We've seen Lady Thor appear as enemy a few times in events now. Maybe Loki will be the essential character and she will be the enemy again.
  • turul wrote:
    Dark Elves Corruptor
    Corrupt Tile Block
    Dark Energy

Dark Elves Disruptor
    Disruption
    Energy Blast

Dark Elves Loyalist
    Energy Spike

Ohhhh. And since that's around season end time, it would be a perfect time to rotate the antagonist back in with an update to their powers!
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Options
    How about Carnage or Apocalypse!!!!