Game update to change top end game?

Options
Tyronepowers
Tyronepowers Posts: 35
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Has it ever been debated changing the current xforce/ hood/ other meta game by maxing total team stars at 9? It would likely just force xforce/OBW/other but I'm curious what others think.

Comments

• Why 9? Why not 3?
    How else am I supposed to outplay a vet on week 1?
    icon_rolleyes.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lol wut? No. Here's a better idea though. Get in contact with those vets, ask them where your roster could use improvement, follow that advice and one day see yourself able to reach top 25 without much problem.
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    Please don't give D3 ideas like this. Why would you hamstring a vet who wants to run 4*Thor, X-Force, Fury? If they have the roster for it, why shouldn't they be able to use those characters? We already have Combined Arms and Balance of Power to level the playing field.
  • Although this idea is pretty bad, it's really no worse than the 'must use a certain 3* in 90% of all PvP games' restriction that's currently in all games. If you lift that add this one instead, it's not going to be any worse than what we already see right now. It'd actually be kind of interesting as you'd end up with X Force/Thor + The Hood + a 2*? The Hood + which 2 3*s (after Sentry nerf)? And that's with The Hood almost certainly being a permanent member of any 3 member team too.
  • Flare808
    Options
    Not to mention that rules out any 4 star for PvP unless you pair with OBW. The required char leaves you with 6 stars left over. Either you run 2 3-stars or you need to use OBW as she is the only 2* who can do anything half decent in top level play.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    Please don't give D3 ideas like this. Why would you hamstring a vet who wants to run 4*Thor, X-Force, Fury? If they have the roster for it, why shouldn't they be able to use those characters? We already have Combined Arms and Balance of Power to level the playing field.
    why would you downovte someone that asked a question? feel proud mate?
  • OP is biased like any onther poster in this forum. If he had 3 usable 4* characters, he wouldn't make this post. Everyone's experience is different in this game.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
  • lukewin wrote:

You didn't even take the effort to fill in the other people's?
  • lukewin
    Options
    You didn't even take the effort to fill in the other people's?

They didn't have any suggestions.
  • Also the meme indicates that this is a good idea. I'm not sure if you wanted to express that.
  • what a brilliant idea. i'll tell you how this will play out:

1. step one. kill off xforce because he's the only real threat on the team. note that if hood is on the team, kill him first.

2. step two. kill off lthor/bp/daken while being midly annoyed that they were attempting to interrupt your initial killing of xforce. note that if obw is on the team, kill her first.

3. step three. kill off the remaining 2 star and laugh at how weak they are and how USELESS a 9 star system is.

rinse and repeat.
  • Flare808
    Options
    Flare808 wrote:
    why would you downovte someone that asked a question? feel proud mate?

He asked me how I felt about it. I didn't agree with the idea, so I downvoted it. No hard feelings involved. I outlined my further reasoning with the post directly above yours.
    Flare808 wrote:
    Not to mention that rules out any 4 star for PvP unless you pair with OBW. The required char leaves you with 6 stars left over. Either you run 2 3-stars or you need to use OBW as she is the only 2* who can do anything half decent in top level play.
  • lukewin
    Options
    siebenvier wrote:
    Also the meme indicates that this is a good idea. I'm not sure if you wanted to express that.

Oh, I just thought it meant OP thought it was a good idea. My meme game is weak.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's what the random post season games are for, and the random 1 star only games I think. Those are fun though, as are the occasional restrictions. Only occasional though!
  • lukewin
    Options
    siebenvier wrote:

Now I know. I just thought here's a suggestion that merits getting thrown out a window.