Looking to swap awards from Facebook

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Currently I only have one friend on facebook who plays the game. I'm looking for two more to swap rewards with. I get multiple sharable rewards every day. If you do as well, look me up on facebook.

Michael Conklin, lives in Grand Junction, CO. Current profile pic is a headshot in a red sweater.

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    A few people, myself included, have gone and made dummy FB accounts for sharing. Sync up the dummy account, find the MPQ Facebook groups, and add as many people as you like. You'll hardly ever get to send rewards to someone you know though, so there's that.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    A few people, myself included, have gone and made dummy FB accounts for sharing. Sync up the dummy account, find the MPQ Facebook groups, and add as many people as you like. You'll hardly ever get to send rewards to someone you know though, so there's that.

Wait, what's the benefit to that? You would never receive any rewards because those dummy fb accounts aren't playing the game and earning sharable rewards. Right?
  • Ludaa
    Options
    The dummy account is so you don't share anything personal and can add a few hundred people (who you can safely assume play because you found them at the MPQ group page). You can change which FB account the game links up with. Did that explain it? You can get quite a good haul of rewards everyday.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    The dummy account is so you don't share anything personal and can add a few hundred people (who you can safely assume play because you found them at the MPQ group page). You can change which FB account the game links up with. Did that explain it? You can get quite a good haul of rewards everyday.

Oh, ok. So this is just to maintain anonymity. This isn't going to get you any more rewards than just using your standard fb account. The game only lets you share to 3 fb friends so I don't really see what the benefit of adding a few hundred people is. Unless there are a few hundred people who are willing to make you one of their 3 that they share with and get nothing in return.
  • OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    The benefit is having 100s of people send you rewards. Sometimes I log in and get massive amounts of iso. Its pretty noice!
  • OneenO wrote:
    The benefit is having 100s of people send you rewards. Sometimes I log in and get massive amounts of iso. Its pretty noice!

But because you are limited to only giving rewarrds to 3 people, you aren't giving the vast majority of these people anything in return, right?

Kudos to you if you suckered those people into that. I just don't understand how hundreds of people would fall for that.

In any event, if it's so easy to get hundreds of people to friend you on facebook to share rewards, how come I can't get two?
  • Ludaa
    Options
    Mike265 wrote:
    Oh, ok. So this is just to maintain anonymity. This isn't going to get you any more rewards than just using your standard fb account. The game only lets you share to 3 fb friends so I don't really see what the benefit of adding a few hundred people is. Unless there are a few hundred people who are willing to make you one of their 3 that they share with and get nothing in return.

Unless your two friends are playing nonstop 24/7, I believe you'll get way more rewards my way. More friends=more chances to be sent something. https://www.facebook.com/groups/mpqshare/

Who you give rewards to is chosen randomly by the game, from your pool of friends. You aren't hustling any of these people.
  • Oh, it's random. That changes everything. I assumed you got to pick who you gave it to.

Thanks. Yeah, I'll probably do that.
  • I wonder how many more levels my guys would have if I would have been able to get facebook rewards for the last 9 months. I hate to say it, but I do get a little jealous and peeved that Steam users get screwed in the reward system. Any of you math whizzes out there want to give me an estimate as to how much ISO I have been screwed out of in 9 months of playing? Not planning to grab a torch and pitchfork, but I think most Steam users would appreciate knowing just how many inches they have received over time.
  • Ludaa
    Options
    Paintsville, I'd say a low estimate of 1k iso per day. At the start of a new PvE, it's an iso8.png boom. Shares seem to have declined for me over time, probably because of people quitting. I wish there was a way to know inactive players, but that's the one of the downsides I guess.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    Paintsville, I'd say a low estimate of 1k iso per day. At the start of a new PvE, it's an iso8.png boom. Shares seem to have declined for me over time, probably because of people quitting. I wish there was a way to know inactive players, but that's the one of the downsides I guess.

Wow. I am on day 297. So unless someone else posts an average, I am out 297,000 iso8.png just because I can't link my account. Kinds stinks when you actually look at real numbers.

Is it too late to edit my post and remove the part about not grabbing a torch and pitchfork?

Just kidding. icon_e_smile.gif