Matchmaking Confusion?!?

Options
Beast1970
Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, I know we have heard about those that cannot find matches over 20 points since the choose your own adventure PvPs started. To set the stage for my particular puzzlement, I currently have 1498 points in Hollowpoint Kiss with 11 hours left in the standard end time slice (you know, where everyone says the points are). I have not had many problems finding good matches, anywhere from 30 to 50 points. Pretty happy so far, right? Then, out of the depths of wisdom of the D3 MMR algorithm, the game decides this is the team I should fight next! All I can figure is maybe I'm supposed to hit them twice and make my score even...

c7n9Dmj.jpg?1

Comments

• chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yup! This has been happening to myself and alliance mates for this event and the hulk event. This really needs to be addressed!
  • Flare808
    Flare808 Posts: 266
    Options
    This has been happening for months at least. Once you get to a high enough point total, and there aren't enough worthwhile opponents, MMR will "loop" around and give you 1 pointers.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For me it was all weak, low value targets to 500. Then it went to 270 Xforce, a maxed 166, and a maxed featured character. No gradual change. Just super easy fights for 8 - 12 points to impossible fights worth 20 - 30.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They want you to beat a seed team so lower level players can line you up for 50 points.
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Trust me, lower point player have had NO problem finding me and beating on my shield. If that match had been for 2 points, I might actually have done it just to satisfy my OCD with my score...
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You think that's bad? I just saw someone queued up an actual seed team. And they were much higher than you. Lol
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    point (s) are point (s). take what you can lol
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Donate some Hero Points to a poor MPQer?
  • For me it was all weak, low value targets to 500. Then it went to 270 Xforce, a maxed 166, and a maxed featured character. No gradual change. Just super easy fights for 8 - 12 points to impossible fights worth 20 - 30.

For me it was medium targets to 500 and then impossible fights for me starting at 520. My event end time here is in an hour and fifteen minutes and I'm stuck at 534 points at #130 in my bracket with no possible way for me to climb higher after a few hundred iso worth of skips. This is the first time since I started playing two and a half months ago that I have absolutely no chance whatsoever at breaking the top 100. Annoying.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This might explain why someone hit me for 1 pt loss last week...